PX-716A Burning problems

EnderXC

Limp Gawd
So i bought the PX-716A because I was looking for a good drive and decided that this must be it. At first when I reconfigured my IDE chains it played havoc on my dual boot set up. When I got that fixed I got the PX716A to find my media (memorex 2x DVD-RW) and did a burn with a AVI file I made in Windows movie maker. Burn Software was Nero OEM suite. Once burnt without errors, I poped it in every dvd device I could find and it did not work. I will attempt to upgrade the firmware and NEro software, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

What's the difference between DVD+VR and DVD-Video in Nero? It says that the drive is not a DVD+VR drive. Am I using the wrong media? Is this a bad drive?

Most DVD devices will not play DVD-RW, but only DVD+RW. Only very few will play DVD-RW. I have the same burner, but I use EZCD7.

Thanks, what media brand do you use for that drive or does it matter?

Essentially DVD+VR lets you come back and edit your compilation. Creating a standard DVD-Video does not.

Not many devices can read DVD+VR discs. For maximum compatibility create a DVD-Video.

DVD devices can't read DVD-RW? That's a new one. :rolleyes:

Back