q6600 at 70c-80c idle?

Eocene

Limp Gawd
So my computer restarts "randomly" when watching videos on Hulu/etc.

I am not overclocking at all... but my system is at 70c-80c idle.

I haven't overclocked since my old P4 system so I have not worried about CPU temps for a while..

What is a safe idle temp for q6600?

Also, what about a 8800gt gfx card?

I thought it might be the PSU that was too weak so I got another but I want to make sure it is not the CPU...

I'm thinking of running prime5 or w/e is out there now to test things... maybe its memory error, not sure..

THANKS

no those arnt even load temps. you must not have put the cooler on properly. the intel one is a pretty stupid design. try securing it properly u should be idling at less that half of that those are very high 100% load temps. otherwise by a new cooler

yeah =-(

sorry.. this is actually my brother system I put together a while back.. it only recently started doing this... maybe he moved the heatsink around or something...

And.. he didnt tell me he had to wait to turn the system back on.. which is an obviously probably heat related (discovered this after buying a new PSU)

Watching the CPU temps go up to 80 while on the bios screen seemed a bit off..

haha 80 in the bios thats crazy. i load at 45 but thats overclocked and with aftermarket cooling. i think stock idle is like 20 to 30 with the stock cooler.

Just do the normal stuff. Remove the heatsink and clean it and the fan out. Reseat it using new thermal goo. After that you should be good to go.

Definately reseatt the heatsink. Even then your temps seem real high. What is the airflow like in the pc?

Back