Q6600 G0 not going much past 3GHz

Scotty_SFF

Gawd
So i finally got my system up and running. Specs in Sig.

At the moment i have it at 3.33GHz w/ 1.4v, seems to drop quite a bit when under load, so it goes to about 1.35. That helped with stability at lower speeds.

Im trying to stress test with 2 Orthos' running, one or cores 0&1 and the other on 2&3. But it stops in just a few seconds, temps under load at 3.2ish i think it was were around 60*C on the highest down to about 54*C

Should i up the voltage, if so how much? I've read they can take 1.5 according to Intel but i don't want to ruin it. This is my first major overclock, only upped PCs by a few MHz before.

I have disabled Speedstep, C1E and other stuff i have read about on XS and other OCing guides.

crank up the voltage, I had to have a load voltage of 1.37 to hold 3.4 and a load voltage of 1.42 to hold 3.6.

In the bios 1.55 = 1.43 idle = 1.42 load with voltage dampener enabled.

Could be a number of factors including other voltages on the board (DRAM, NB, SB, etc.) or even mem settings. Vcore is a likely suspect as well. I will say that if you need 1.4v to hit 9x333 you're probably near the end of the line for the chip; my b3 stepping q6600 does it @ 1.2625 v by comparison.

Back