Q6600 OC problems when stress with game.

chanchan

Limp Gawd
Okay I have a Q6600 @ 1400 FSB /w 9x = 3.150 GHz.

When I do an overnight Prime95 with 4 threads no errors keeps working.

When I do Prime95 with a Game (MU) running system crashes after a short while.

Any ideas? BTW when it crashes, the screen freezes, can't move anything no response. No graphical distortion or anything, I'm thinking it might be the overclock ... ?

Specs in my signature.

Well, from my experience it's due to the overload of memory. You're doing a blend test correct?

Try to set custom job, and limit the ram usage a bit, so that the game can set aside some for itself.

Also, try to run memtest to make sure the ram is totally stable.

Could also be due to the large amount of heat generated by the 8800gtx.

Could also be due to a larger voltage droop when gaming and stress testing at the same time.

what about small ffts and the game? if it runs fine then it is running out of memory, if not it is probably needs more voltage.

my two cents

Okay I tried new OC, 1333FSB x9 = 3.0 GHz lowered all my voltages, set RAM to 800MHz unlinked @ 4-4-4-12

I ran overnight Prime95 + rithdlbdrslaek (the HDR rendering program) and it seems to be fine.

Temps were ranging from 60-65c, and damn my room was hot!

Finally I found a stable OC with full stress P95 with (4 threads) and a 3D game running for 8+ hours.

Current clock, 1333FSB with 9x multiplier = 3.0GHz Q6600!! Managed to push most of the voltages closer to default.

Temps after 8 hours where 60c on the two highest cores, the other two were around 55-58c.

Core: 1.36v in CPU-Z (newest) under load.
HT: 1.4v
NB: 1.5v
SB: 1.6v
CPU VTT: 1.4v

RAM @ 4-4-4-12 DDR800 2.1v

Now I'm going to work up from here.

Well normally when stress testing your overclock. And even playing games for that matter. Now if it passes and doesnt crash while doing that your defintaly good to go.

Like stated above. Stress Large FTTS and then another doing Small. for 10+hrs ide say youde be good to go.

Congrats so far man. You may want to lossen your timings for now 5:5:5:15 until you find your stable oc on your cpu.. then do memory.

Back