Q6600 Orthos stable @ 3708 w/IFX-14

rls669

Limp Gawd
I'm quite happy with this. Ran Orthos overnight, accidentally left voltage at 1.54 from when I was trying to hit 4 ghz, but it's stable at 1.44 at 3.7. Don't know why CPU-Z is showing such a low voltage, it does that regardless of load. Now I guess it's time to overclock the ram a bit.

Also not sure why core 2 temp is so low, usually core 0 is hottest and the rest aren't too far apart. Ambient was about 15C. At 20C ambient max core temp was 68C under load with stock cooler, volts and speed. Got a 20C drop under load with the IFX at stock speed :)

3708.jpg

Well done. My max OC with my q6600 was 3.46. Mind you I had a B3 chip and a 975x chipset. I decided to stay at 3.25 for temperature restricitons. Those temps are surprisingly low considering the vcore your running at, you need to be stressing all four cores which one instance of orthos can't do. Try four instances of prime 95 and see how the temps change. Good luck.

Just as the previous post states, you are only stressing 2 cores, thats why you temps are low. Run prime 95 version 25.3. it will stress all 4 cores. Then you will see your temps shoot up.

Just as the previous post states, you are only stressing 2 cores, thats why you temps are low. Run prime 95 version 25.3. it will stress all 4 cores. Then you will see your temps shoot up.

Exactly !! :D

Want to impress me ? (likely not) turn off the fan(s) on your sink and oc the chip and see how high you get ? You'll likely have to drop it down to at least 3.5Ghz with all four cores properly stressed for long periods of time(this assuming you cool it with a HSF).I am
only using the sink.

I'm quite happy with this

Still,the above is all that matters :)

I haven't seen any reviews of the IFX14 yet, how does it look v the ultra 120 extreme, it must also be taking up alot of space in your case.

User reviews on XS show it to be on par,or ever so slighly worse then the TRUE.
Navig's review showed it scaling better with more low-speed fans, which is how I run it. The IFX also completed a run or 2 that the TRUE failed. For only $5 more, the better mounting system and multi fan support without modding was well worth it to me. And it looks pretty outrageous. :)

Running Prime 25.3 now and temps are more realistic. 71 on 2 cores and 66 on the other 2.

Navig's review showed it scaling better with more low-speed fans, which is how I run it. The IFX also completed a run or 2 that the TRUE failed. For only $5 more, the better mounting system and multi fan support without modding was well worth it to me. And it looks pretty outrageous. :)

Running Prime 25.3 now and temps are more realistic. 71 on 2 cores and 66 on the other 2.

What makes me interested in it,is if it would allow me a higher passive oc on my quad g0

Hmm, not that this isn't impressive, but try running Small FFTs instead. It's far more stressing than Blend.

Back