Q6600 - Which stepping did you get?

Is it free? :p

Got my Q6600 from NCIX yesterday (Canadian here, NCIX is the Canadian newegg, but better prices :p, so you Americans bugger off our store.... j/k ofc ), its a B3 stepping :( Batch L644G536 (Week L644, Code G536) Oh well I'll live, we'll see how high I can overclock it :)

Yes please! I need to decide whether or not I want to keep my B3. I don't want to pay shipping to/from them again. I wonder if I can get a G0 from Fry's and return the B3 to em...

I agree with Dave completely on this. That long of a wait for email confirmation or shipment?

Your quote of "they are busy" is complete bogus. Many other services (I'm positive) handle more business than NCIX and are able to operate normally. Yes, normally--standards dictate what we come to expect, and when they fall short we (of course) have a right to complain about it.

I just want to mention to everyone who's b*tching abt NCIX being bad and slow abt the service. Think abt this :

How many comp. hardware companies in the US actually have dual website for Canadian and US residents?

How many companies ship to both sides of the border and furthermore how many companies (such as New Egg and Fry's and w/e) can get stuff across to the receiver in two days. (I've seen ppl order stuff far away as PA from NCIX and they get their stuff in less than 2 days)

Fair enough if you have Express shipping which costs a lot..but i'd like to see NewEgg and
Fry's start shipping to Canada and get g0 steppings (that is if they ever get customers who haven't bought from NCIX. And i can tell you there aren't a lot) and expect the mnot to screw up your orders.

Bottomline: There's a reason why so many ppl have ordered from NCIX and part of it is its just a better distributor post quad core price cut, in more ways than one. And to those who think otherwise .maybe they shud order the q6600 elsewhere from where it might ship a lot faster but they might get that B3 alot faster too. :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents.

Crazy... I'm in Puyallup and getting it on the 30th with my Abit IP35 Pro, already have the HX620 and Vista Ultimate 64 bit...

Whoa! You almost have the exact same setup as me..
ABIT ip35 pro, q6600 granted maybe different stepping, vista ult x64, haha that'd be crazy if you had 2x1gb ddr2-800 firestix :)

When did you order yours ?

Whoa! You almost have the exact same setup as me..
ABIT ip35 pro, q6600 granted maybe different stepping, vista ult x64, haha that'd be crazy if you had 2x1gb ddr2-800 firestix :)

When did you order yours ?

I ordered mine on the 25th. No firestix for me, I have 4 gigs of Crucial Balistix 1066. I'm tempted to run to Fry's and see if they have any G0's. With any luck though the invoice is just wrong online. I wonder even if I could return the B3 to Fry's, don't know if the serial number is part of the receipt when they process returns.. hmm.

Whoa crap. Doorbell suddenly rings and I go greet the delivery guy and I see in his hand is a box with a label : "NCIX".

:eek:

Signed and took it in. Opened it and voila...!

quad1.JPG

quad2.JPG

Confirmed G0 :D
Batch: L270B023
Pack date: 7/12/07.

Wow guess the canadapost tracking number is really useless. It arrived 4 days before scheduled. Ordered the 25th afternoon, selected cheapest, canada xpress delivery and got it 3 days later.. It beat every other retailer sending the rest of my system! Props ncix. o_o . Lol, now I have to be tempted by its quad core goodness.. system wont be here for another 3 days!

After all these posts, I don't recall reading that anyone has received a G0 from any other place but NCIX. That is amazing to me! How many of those B3s are out there? Does Newegg and others still only have B3s?

Does anyone know if B steppings are overclocking better then A regardless of B3/G0? I remember back from the L628-L630 there were B steppings that were much better than A stepping for overclocking, but they ran hotter. Anyone know?

Whoa crap. Doorbell suddenly rings and I go greet the delivery guy and I see in his hand is a box with a label : "NCIX".

quad1.JPG

quad2.JPG

Wow guess the canadapost tracking number is really useless. It arrived 4 days before scheduled. Ordered the 25th afternoon, selected cheapest, canada xpress delivery and got it 3 days later.. It beat every other retailer sending the rest of my system! Props ncix. o_o . Lol, now I have to be tempted by its quad core goodness.. system wont be here for another 3 days!

Son of a .... I paid extra for FedEx thinking it would be faster. Who actually delivered it?

Americans go back to newegg. you are slowing down our store :D

just ordered this morning from NCIX.

Is it possible to see the product code for the Q6600 labeled (SLACR) BEFORE opening the box?? Are those letters on the outside of the box or do I have to open it to see it. Frys near me has the q6600 now for $289 and if I can see which kind it is before I buy it, then it might be better then.

quad1.JPG

quad2.JPG

We've got the same batch #. My Scythe Mine 3 bit the dust, so I'm only on the stock cooler. I'd love to see what you've done with this when your system arrives. It will probably beat my Ninja 2 Rev B's arrival.

same here, mine is sapposed to arrive next thursday, but if it arrive tuesday/wednesday with the rest of my system thatd be l33t :D

Is it possible to see the product code for the Q6600 labeled (SLACR) BEFORE opening the box?? Are those letters on the outside of the box or do I have to open it to see it. Frys near me has the q6600 now for $289 and if I can see which kind it is before I buy it, then it might be better then.

Look at the picture below you, it will be written on the box so no need to open it to know which stepping :)

My Q6600 B3

3.4Ghz

I got it up to 3.5Ghz but 3DMark06 wouldn't complete. How far can I push the CPU volt? I had it as high as 1.4850 but still would do 3.5Ghz on 3DMark. It would boot up to windows fine though.

This is all air cooled - My Zalman 9700

US

Hi, I live in NJ, and microcenter is fairly close to me. I went there yesterday and they are all out of quads, but the rep told me that they should be getting new shipment after next weds. Can anyone else confirm if they will get new batch of shipment with the possibility of g0 or just cleaning out old stock?

We've got the same batch #. My Scythe Mine 3 bit the dust, so I'm only on the stock cooler. I'd love to see what you've done with this when your system arrives. It will probably beat my Ninja 2 Rev B's arrival.

Will do =).

Only worry I have is having everything stable on Vista Ultimate x64. Finding all the drivers for the peripherals/graphics card, and praying they are stable/working.

Wonder who else has our batch.

Core(TM)2 Quad Q6600, LGA775 Pkg
2.40GHz, 8MB L2 Cache Total, 1066 MHz FSB
Requires electrically compatible board - PCG 05B
PRODUCT CODE: BX80562Q6600SL9UM
MM# 887620
FPO# L721A358
VERSION# D80956-003 1.35V max.
PACK DATE: 06/22/07

from www.scan.co.uk

Looks like a B3, not too worried as i aint gonna O/C this (audio workstation)

but a quad core for ~£170?
cheerpx2.gif
bananaxt8.gif
broccoliwy3.gif
carrottv5.gif
dancerl7.gif
veryhappytr8.gif

haha

update: according to express post the cpu is now in the US and is in usps hands. Hope its hear by tuesday :rolleyes:

another variable to consider:

my q6600 is a sl9um b3.

pack date: 06/26/07

I know that Wayne at Allstarshop is no longer taking calls do to the deluge of them. However the last thing he said to me as he pulled my g0 off the shelf was that was all that they had was G0. I think your chances are high if you get one from Allstar once they have replenished their stock.

Update, they have them and are listing them as a gauranteed G0! for more money

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?pid=18240&sid=HP1A20SXDNSG9M0RPRNERD4FBHU0DNDC

I like this. That is cool.

another variable to consider:

my q6600 is a sl9um b3.

pack date: 06/26/07

Ditto that - I received mine from ncixus yesterday and it's a SL9UM packed on 06/26/07. It's like out of all the G0's that have shipped out of that place this past week, we got chips from a random B3 batch that slipped through.

Yet people are still saying 'order from ncix for guaranteed G0'... my ass.

Oh well. I look at it this way - I have an ultra120 on order and I'm gonna go for at least a decent oc on my Q6600. Then around this time next year there will be newer, better, cooler, faster 45nm wolfdale quads floating around and I'll upgrade to something that spanks both steppings of the Q6600.

Then around this time next year there will be newer, better, cooler, faster 45nm wolfdale quads floating around and I'll upgrade to something that spanks both steppings of the Q6600.

You won't have to wait until next summer. The new 45nm Quads might start shipping around Christmas time or very soon there after. Since my motherboard supports them I'm planning to suffer a while longer with my old dual core that's dragging its ass at 3600 MHz. I barely have any software that fully takes advantage of a dual core let alone a quad core so maybe I'll be waiting longer than that.

This B3 vs G0 insanity is a little silly. Other than some benchmark times there's no way a user would ever notice a performance difference if a well overclocked B3 was sitting beside a well overclocked G0. They both rip so enjoy whatever you ended up with.

This B3 vs G0 insanity is a little silly. Other than some benchmark times there's no way a user would ever notice a performance difference if a well overclocked B3 was sitting beside a well overclocked G0. They both rip so enjoy whatever you ended up with.

I agree with you. I got a b3 and I'm happy, the deal was good (c$289).

however, I still think that my b3 was produced dec. 2006, while the g0 was produced around june 2007..... :rolleyes:
my proc is from last year.... :D

Just placed my order though NCIXUS. Hopeing I'll get the G0 even though i probabyl wont OC it for a while. Its already going to be amazingly faster than my P4 2.8C, I'll post up what core I get.

I just got my package from NCIX, pack date 6-26. The damn CPU box was open though! The seal was broken, no way that happened during shipping. I'm asking for a replacement, I don't want a damn refurbished product.

Yeah it could be an open box, but it could also just be Canada Customs (looking for cigars or weed or something)

If there is a customs form, check it to see if they opened it.

Ohhhh, I didn't even think about customs, makes sense. Oh well, i'll just see how high I can get this thing. I bought a Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme to cool the sucker.

Yeah it could be an open box, but it could also just be Canada Customs (looking for cigars or weed or something)

If there is a customs form, check it to see if they opened it.

I read the word weed.

NCIXUS got some fast shipping!!!! From Canada to FLorida .. it was shipped on Friday and i got it today .. :D

NCIX uses FedEx for fast shipping to anywhere in the U.S. and usually uses Purolator air in Canada which is about as fast and usually cheaper than having to put some gas in my tank and drive around all day looking for computer parts.

The canada post tracking is useless - all it shows is that 'shipment has entered the US' and I have no idea when it will get here - it shipped on the 26th so its about time!

I've noticed the same when ordering online DVDs from the US.

It took almost a month. A single DVD.

my processor entered the US saturday night, hopefully its here tomm or wednesday, along with all my ups stuff from newegg

Ordered my G0 on the 27th 10 A.M (Friday) with the Canadian Shipping. Shipped the same day 6 P.M. Arrived at my house July 30th (Monday) at 2 P.M. Unbelievably fast with the 10$ Canadian Shipping option. I had a B3 before from Fry's and switched it out with this G0. The G0 runs 7-10 degrees cooler (Celcius) and got a higher 3dMark06 score. My original score went from 11430 to 12020. Amazing.

Back