Q6600 - Which stepping did you get?

Just got my shipping notice from NCIX for a SLACR:) , Estimated delivery is tomorrow by 10:30am.

Took 5 days to ship it because they were out of stock of the motherboard I ordered apparently. Everything else was packed on the 26th but the motherboard wasn't added until today. To add insult to injury, I got jewed with a B3 too.

Will do =).

Only worry I have is having everything stable on Vista Ultimate x64. Finding all the drivers for the peripherals/graphics card, and praying they are stable/working.

Wonder who else has our batch.

Results? Using the stock cooler is killing me

After believing in God again in hopes of getting a slacr and then converting to some kind of voodoism for some extra assurance and finally getting the dreaded email.....I GOT A G0!!!!! :D
Oh yea baby.

I ordered on sunday 29th from ncixus.com and used cheapest 9.99 shiping. Does anyone know how long it takes the package to arrive from BC, Canada to NJ? I can't wait for it to get here and some overclocking goodness

BTW, based on the replies here and on ncix forum. I am estimating that you have about 70 percent chance of getting a G0 instead of B3. Hope this helps and good luck to you all

If u lose your CPU from shipping, u're kinda screwed...

I dunno where my Q6600 went. They said they posted a notice because no one's home, i never saw a notice, and I know i was waiting for my mail everyday the last week for my stuff. And they checked 2 postal offices, nothing... i feel screwed, gonna call them again tomorrow... :mad: But I paid insurance.

That sux. and more so if they shipped you a G0. I hope you get it delivered.
Anyone else lost their quads?

If u lose your CPU from shipping, u're kinda screwed...

I dunno where my Q6600 went. They said they posted a notice because no one's home, i never saw a notice, and I know i was waiting for my mail everyday the last week for my stuff. And they checked 2 postal offices, nothing... i feel screwed, gonna call them again tomorrow... :mad: But I paid insurance.

This happened to me with purolator when i got a video card from NCIX. They claimed to have come but never did i had someone waiting all day. i called and arranged for them to come again, i put a note on the door saying it was ok to leave it and where to put it (depends on your neighborhood weather you are willing to risk that) you have to put your name, address, and tracking number and sign it.

This time i got them to use canada post expedited, that way if there is nobody home i can just go to the post office which is very close. not in the middle of nowhere like purolator.

Ordered from NCIXUS last week. Have a SLACR tracking number in my e-mail. Scheduled delivery Friday

USPS left a note on my door yesterday and I picked it up at the post office today. Shipped on the 25th. No pics but here are the details -

Prod: BX80562Q6600SLACR
Batch # L723A390 Pack date: 7/13/07

Waiting for my heatsink order to arrive from jab-tech before I put it together.

Hey guys, got some info for you guys in case you don't know. Right now you can pre-order the Q6600 G0 at ClubIT through the phone. I just did it today and it's the best sure deal I've seen so far. The sales rep told me their estimating getting their supply beginning of August and it only cost me $295.00 and shipping is free plus if you want to cancel your order, there is no charge. I also asked the sales rep how big the list for pre-order's is right now and he said it was pretty small only like 30 people right now. So I know there's other sites like tankguys that you can pre-order or you can take your chances with NCIX's, but I think ClubIT has the best deal right now.

Hey guys, got some info for you guys in case you don't know. Right now you can pre-order the Q6600 G0 at ClubIT through the phone. I just did it today and it's the best sure deal I've seen so far. The sales rep told me their estimating getting their supply beginning of August and it only cost me $295.00 and shipping is free plus if you want to cancel your order, there is no charge. So I know there's other sites like tankguys that you can pre-order or you can take your chances with NCIX's, but I think ClubIT has the best deal right now.
Sounds like ClubIT isn't any different than Tankguys, really.

And I'd put Tankguys' customer service up against anybody else's on the net.

I would have gone with tankguys, if they didn't push back the ETA and if you could get all your money back if you canceled.

The Frys in Fishers Indiana had like 26 in stock, but the salesman didn't know what stepping it was. Wow they are no help.

just received my g0 stepping from ncixus :D

shipped friday came yesterday

now gotta put the rest of my computer together later tonight, im gonna use a tuniq tower, but im not going to overclock past 3.2

The Frys in Fishers Indiana had like 26 in stock, but the salesman didn't know what stepping it was. Wow they are no help.

Ask the salesman to have the guy in the cage check. Some of them are ignorant, but none of them are stupid. If you tell them exactly what to look for they'll usually help you out.

received a g0 stepping from ncix as well. Order last wednesday, got shipping confirmation friday, received the chip today.

Though the system reports it as having a 6X multiplier and 1.6 GHz

Got G0 from directcanada.com. Ordered Sunday afternoon, shipped yesterday came in today.

received a g0 stepping from ncix as well. Order last wednesday, got shipping confirmation friday, received the chip today.

Though the system reports it as having a 6X multiplier and 1.6 GHz

That's the C1E and EIST speed and voltage throttling when the system isn't under load.

Woot. Just placed my order on NCIXUS around noon today, and it's now 8:30 at night and I got the email that my q6600 was shipped .

On the email the serial number is "SLACR" yayyyy.

I was thinking about just going to my frys store and even though they probably would have the B3 stepping, I would be able to get it right today and not have to wait for it to be shipped, but heck, I went with NCIXUS and now I'm getting a G0 so now I just have to wait hopefully a couple days and it'll be here.

Just opened mine shipment when I got home, SLACR with a pack date of 7/13/07. What a good friday the 13th. The rest of my components don't get here from newegg till thursday though :(

Got a B3 from newegg ordered on sunday night, but its doing 3.4GHZ @ 1.41 which is decent I suppose.

Got a B3 from newegg ordered on sunday night, but its doing 3.4GHZ @ 1.41 which is decent I suppose.

What are your temps looking like and which cooler? That's about the clock I'll be gunning for on mine with the same motherboard.

Where on the box do I need to look for the b0 reference?

Woot. Just placed my order on NCIXUS around noon today, and it's now 8:30 at night and I got the email that my q6600 was shipped .

On the email the serial number is "SLACR" yayyyy.

I was thinking about just going to my frys store and even though they probably would have the B3 stepping, I would be able to get it right today and not have to wait for it to be shipped, but heck, I went with NCIXUS and now I'm getting a G0 so now I just have to wait hopefully a couple days and it'll be here.

Cool, I hope they are that fast with my shipment. I ordered at like 3AM and completed the phone verification at 8AM this morning. I paid extra for overnight delivery. :D

Nifty order verification system too although it took forever for the robot chick to give me my 4 digit code. :p

What are your temps looking like and which cooler? That's about the clock I'll be gunning for on mine with the same motherboard.

You know, I can't get speedfan on this new DS3R to show CPU temperature, only certain cores, under full load there around 52C to 59C, its on a its on the Thermalright XP-120 Extreme. I keep having a random core crash after about an hour and a half, anyone have any idea's? Ram is way under spec, I have the chipset voltage at +0.1V. Driving me nuts, the rest run just fine for hours, and its not any one certain core that crashes consistantly.

Ok really stupid question: Whats special about the G0 (SLACR) vs the B3 stepping? Better OCs? Like in the form of CABNE vs CABYE(CABGE) days of the opty 146s? (not that extreme OCs but you get the idea). Do they run cooler than the B3s? and, is there any store that will guarantee you a G0? I know Tankguys says so but they are ETA right now...does NCIX guarantee you it? One last thing: How far along the lines are Penryns due to come out? I mean, I dont want to get a CPU now and in 2 months, have penryn come out to be cheaper and faster.

Ok really stupid question: Whats special about the G0 (SLACR) vs the B3 stepping? Better OCs? Like in the form of CABNE vs CABYE(CABGE) days of the opty 146s? (not that extreme OCs but you get the idea). Do they run cooler than the B3s? and, is there any store that will guarantee you a G0? I know Tankguys says so but they are ETA right now...does NCIX guarantee you it? One last thing: How far along the lines are Penryns due to come out? I mean, I dont want to get a CPU now and in 2 months, have penryn come out to be cheaper and faster.

overclocks better.

Well new cpus are always going to come out, barcelona, penryn. waiting and waiting only makes sense if something new is coming out in 2 weeks or a major price drop is going to happen. If you are upgrading your computer every 3 or 4 years, its not worth it to wait at all.

Got a G0 from ncixus. Today i hit 3.1ghz with stock volts prime/orthos stable. I could easily push it furthe, as im hitting about 48-50C under 100% load, but i need it to last a while. Btw im using a tunniq tower (oboy was it a fun install )

Hey guys, got some info for you guys in case you don't know. Right now you can pre-order the Q6600 G0 at ClubIT through the phone. I just did it today and it's the best sure deal I've seen so far. The sales rep told me their estimating getting their supply beginning of August and it only cost me $295.00 and shipping is free plus if you want to cancel your order, there is no charge. I also asked the sales rep how big the list for pre-order's is right now and he said it was pretty small only like 30 people right now. So I know there's other sites like tankguys that you can pre-order or you can take your chances with NCIX's, but I think ClubIT has the best deal right now.

I called and talked to a guy who said that even though he could guarantee a G0, he could give no guarantee as to when the processors would be in and when I would get one. He said that it was supposed to be within a few weeks, but it could be up to a month or a month and a half.

No thanks!

You know, I can't get speedfan on this new DS3R to show CPU temperature, only certain cores

Intel removed the CPU temperature diode in the Quad processors that some software and bioses used to read and display as CPU temperature. The only important numbers are your core temperatures and you're a long ways away from the throttling point so no worries.

Run MemTest86+ and make sure your memory isn't causing your instability problems. You might need more memory or cpu voltage or .......

B3 from Newegg. Shipped July 27th from their CA warehouse and the pack date was 6/22/2007.

I was gonna go with NCIX, but it was only a $10 difference and I knew when Newegg would get it here (less than 24 hours if it would've shipped from TN :p ).

Intel removed the CPU temperature diode in the Quad processors that some software and bioses used to read and display as CPU temperature. The only important numbers are your core temperatures and you're a long ways away from the throttling point so no worries.

Run MemTest86+ and make sure your memory isn't causing your instability problems. You might need more memory or cpu voltage or .......

I got her stable at 3.4GHZ 1.46 actual 1.39 under load, ran prime for well over 4 hours this morning in a non air conditioned house, only thing is I have shitty memory so my ram speed is only like 787 or something like that. :/ Time to upgrade the ram, but hey I'll take it, a B3 @ 3.4ghz, not to shabby.

with alot of quadcore now .. is there a quadcore meter gadget for Vista sidebar yet? :D

ALLSTARSHOP
Q6600SL9UM
L707A699
06/22/07
DAMN YOU WAYNE~~! LOL!!!

NCIXUS
Q6600SLACR
L724A639
07/13/07

I just got my g0 delivered. Took only 4 days from their warehouse to NJ for the cheapest shipping option.

Back