q6700 running @ 800 mhz?

Righty

Limp Gawd
Ive had this computer for a while and its been fine

Abit IP35 pro,
Q6700
9800gtx

I go to fool around with some overclocking tonight to try and smooth out LOTRO a bit and after DLing CPUZ i see this?!!

Everything is a stock settings. I bought the board and CPU used from a hardforum member. Whats going on?

4joo4y.jpg

try manually setting the bus to 266 and multi to 9.5 for now to get to stock speeds.

as for how it got that way, i have no idea but it could be that your OC wasnt stable and the motherboard reset to those settings, dont know why the fsb would be 136 though.

try resetting your BIOS settings to default and try your OC again.

I set bios settings to default and still no change. Fluctuates from 800-1300

Im not an experienced OCer. Ive fooled with it with some software programs but other than that i have no clue on how to change FBS speed and voltages in the bios. Maybe you guys could walk me through it?

What are your temps like? You could be hitting thermal throttling which would cause a drastic descrease in FSB and multiplier.

C1E and Speedstep would also be lowering the voltage, but that looks normal. I'd still start with temps, then try disabling C1E and Speedstep in the BIOS.

Disable C1E and speedstep.

This is the power saver feature right? I DLed right mark and disabled C1E, It would not let me disable Speedstep. Also i could not find these settings in BIOS. No change though. Also ran prime 95 to get to run at normal speeds, it did not.

Core temp says mid to upper 30s on all four cores. I ran prime when i built it 3 months ago temps went up and down accordingly.

Also i can watch my voltages go from 1.14 to 1.28 while turning the C1E off and on, but the clock stays the same.

Back