Q9450 $299 via online at Microcenter

In for one... I think its safe to say this is the cheapest these CPUs can be found for at least a few months.

Canceled my pre-order (wouldn't it be called a post order now?) from BLT and ordered from Microcenter last night. Had an e-mail waiting for me this morning that Microcenter had just shipped it. Might be an OEM whereas my BLT order was for retail but hey I saved nearly $70 bucks and the wait is over. Thanks OP :) :)

If you head to their Microcenter.com homepage, you click the buy Q9450 online button and it will automatically subtract the $50 on the basket. Make sure it's in the basket or you're screwed.

I was in the BLT queue as well, then jumped ship for this deal. BLT is desparately trying to keep people from bailing out on them, but when you don't have an ETA and your price isn't as good can you blame us...

Skinner

I ordered from Microcenter yesterday :). Going to cancel the BLT pre-order now.

lol, microcenter must be cleaning up

ya clearing up for nehalem . i talked to their representative and they said they got lots and lots of these processors in stock. wonder how many they bought , maybe a month's production of an intel 45nm fab . just when we barely have 45nm dual cores in stock , here are 45nm quads in plenty . intel lived up to its word of bringing 45nm quads in the first quarter , even if it was last few days of that. i guess all the 45nm duals went into making quads.

Sheesh, same here.

BLT's status updates were at best, mind boggling.

Anyways, I'm glad I finally placed an order for this chip with a ship date that's well...DATED.

Now I can get back to building this damn rig instead of staring at the boxes by my desk.

Thanks Yeoman for posting the link!

I picked up 1 at Microcenter for $350 and received a $50 gift card (had to ask for it though) which I used on a WD Raptor X hard drive which listed for $160. Microcenter really seems to have their stuff together. It's the only place where I can ask questions and get knowledgeable answers (as apposed to CompUSA where I educated the staff every time I went there). Also, I might be mistaken but I think they're an American company too.

I went for one. I asked about the 3 year warranty and it's through Microcenter itself so it's almost as good as retail!

Hmm that's a solid deal for a 45nm Quad!!

We should have gotten a clue when the Q6600 got cheap.

Thai is one way around the *chicken-and-egg* problem concerning quad-core-optimized applications and games (get lots of quad-core PUs out into the market). However, this puts those that have been thinking E8xxx into a first-class dilemma: do you continue to wait(and likely ge overcharged, if not out-and-out gouged) for dual-core, buy quad-core Kentsfield now,or even buy quad-core *Yorkfield* now?

Remembe, dual-core has slid all the way down to the Celeron level (E1200). You really didn't think that the mainstream lineup was not going to change behind that?

Got mine in the mail today. I ordered early Monday before the $50 online coupon and I called and they applied refund. It was my first time buying from Microcenter but I'll definitely buy from them again. Great customer service.

Here is what came in the mail:
2008-04-q9450.jpg

Can't wait to try this thing as I'm currently on a 2.26ghz P4... wooo

Ordered one yesterday afternoon for an upcoming build. Received the confirmation e-mail and about 20 minutes later received an e-mail saying my order had been canceled due to out of stock.

Time to start scouring the hot deals forum again.

Kevin

I ordered on Monday at 11 am MST and never got any shipping info, so I just called and they said they are out of stock and maybe mine would ship next week.

Yea, they cancelled my order too. Bummer.

I don't think I'm ever going to get this chip. I might just go grab a E8400. This is becoming a real pain in the butt to wait for.

Great heads up on the deal in the first place though. I should have acted sooner. Oh well.

EDIT:

GUYS! There's a deal at Newegg for the X3350 (retail) right now. It's in the hotdeals section! Go have a look see! Perfect solution to getting bumped :)

They canceled mine.
I called them up they said it was a mistake.. It was a glitch
Reordered and it shipped today.

Woohoo

I ordered one on Tuesday (4/8) morning and received an "order confirmed" email that evening with an estimated ship date of (4/11). Waited patiently until today (4/11) without any further word, then called them this morning to see what was up. They said that they still had stock and that my order was still being processed but that they would speak with their supervisor to try to speed up the process. This afternoon I received an email saying that the order was shipped, but the FedEx tracking number doesn't work.

what? that is lame!

So the Q9450 is available but they cancelled my order for no good reason?!

IDIOTS!

So the Q9450 is available but they cancelled my order for no good reason?!
They may have accidentally sold more than they actually had orders for. I'd imagine that they only told me that they still had stock because they had not yet processed everyone's order (mine included).
I ordered one on Tuesday (4/8) morning and received an "order confirmed" email that evening with an estimated ship date of (4/11). Waited patiently until today (4/11) without any further word, then called them this morning to see what was up. They said that they still had stock and that my order was still being processed but that they would speak with their supervisor to try to speed up the process. This afternoon I received an email saying that the order was shipped, but the FedEx tracking number doesn't work.
Update: I received my Q9450 today (4/14).

I actually called them up on Saturday morning. The gentleman with whom I spoke said that they stopped selling them when they met their 'magic number' of processors.

He also said that they had 'so many orders' that they needed to have extra people process the orders and pack the boxes - and that those people came from their corporate offices.

That said, I ordered mine on Tues, 8-Apr and received the shipped confirmation email this morning, Mon, 14-Apr.

I ordered two today 4/14 @ $299.00. You cant beat this deal especially when many places are still charging $240.00 for the Q6600. It seems like they dropped the promotion to a $10.00 discount for a few days and just started backup this morning with the $50.00 discount. Come and get it while its hot!!!!!

Ordered mine week before last, popped it in last weekend and booted right up at 3.2Ghz. Had to raise the volts on my chipset, but I'm stable at 3.2 with just 1.2volts vcore right now. I managed to post at 3.9Ghz, but my poor p965 based P5b Deluxe can't handle the required FSB. Looks like I'll need a newer board before I can post any interesting OC.

I really hope they dont cancel my order. I am buying the rest of the components for my two systems later tonight. It would really suck to have every component but the processor on hand when it comes time to build. I am calling them tomorrow to find out if they got more stock or if they are still trying to catchup from the last mad dash at this deal. I will keep yall posted.

I just got mine today. :) I ordered Monday last week and it shipped Wednesday but I am not in the US so it took a while to get to me.

To anyone else that had one come in from Microcenter, did the top of your CPU look scuffed or scratched? (I really should have taken a pic when it came in)

Other than that I have no complaints. I'm running steady at 3.2, I'll be pushing for 3.6 later on this week.

To anyone else that had one come in from Microcenter, did the top of your CPU look scuffed or scratched? (I really should have taken a pic when it came in)

Other than that I have no complaints. I'm running steady at 3.2, I'll be pushing for 3.6 later on this week.

Yes, mine had a few shiny spots. I've seen similar marks on pictures of chips in reviews so I think it's common. This is one reason why people lap their cpus.

Does anyone know if they still have them? I slacked on picking one up a few weeks ago and now i need one for my new workstation.

Back