Q9450 motherboard

asmielia

Limp Gawd
Hi there,
I've got a Q9450 coming my way next week. I'm trying to decide which motherboard to get with it. I think I've narrowed it down to 3 boards.

It's either the DFI LANParty Dk P35-T2RS:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27638

Asus P5Q Pro:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=30418&vpn=P5Q Pro&manufacture=ASUS

Asus P5Q Deluxe:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=30297&vpn=P5Q-Deluxe&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1008

The DFI is probably the best overclocker, but also the worst on features. The P5Q Deluxe is the best on features but also the most expensive. Any idea how soon P45 boards from DFI are coming out? Overclocking is important to me but not a dealbreaker. I'd choose stability above all else.

Any recommendations?

The P5K DLX is at a decent price for a brand new board. I will bet that everyone else will be at the same price point. Lokk at the MSI's, they are the same price or more than asus.

I have read that others should be showing up by the end of the month possibly early next month.

X38/X48 only. Sick and tired of peeps getting P35 with 45nm......

Why is the trend lately to get new 45nm chips with yesterdays 65nm MBs?

WTF is wrong with people?

Show me a good reason not to get P35, actually from what I can recall the P965 chipset is the best at OC'ing the 45nm duals. And BTW X38/X48 are not built on 45nm fab. So what exactly is the issue with 45nm chips and P35??? :confused:

-Back on topic-

The DFI is a nice board, the P45's are also nice but a bit more of an unknown. Unless you need crossfire/firewire/built in wireless I'd just get the DFI. One last thing is I'd expect all the boards to OC about the same.

DFI, recently, has usually been a lil late to the party (P965, P35...),

Show me a good reason not to get P35, actually from what I can recall the P965 chipset is the best at OC'ing the 45nm duals. And BTW X38/X48 are not built on 45nm fab. So what exactly is the issue with 45nm chips and P35??? :confused:

-Back on topic-

The DFI is a nice board, the P45's are also nice but a bit more of an unknown. Unless you need crossfire/firewire/built in wireless I'd just get the DFI. One last thing is I'd expect all the boards to OC about the same.

ROFL... I agree. BTW, Bearlake (P35/G35/X38) was made for Penryn family CPUs (Wolfdale/Yorkfield) because P965/i975x didn't support 1333Mhz FSB. Eaglelake (P45/G45/X48) just improves slightly on Bearlake, and is meant as the final LGA775 chipset.

so what are some good X boards he should look at todd?

You don't make any sense.

OP, please don't listen to him, P35 or P45 is most likely what you want unless you just like pissing your money away.

If your still looking for a motherboard around the x38 chipset, I have for sale a DFI Lanparty LT x38 T2R motherboard. Has everything that came with it included. $200+shipping.

I cant wait for my Asus P5Q Deluxe.

Hopefully with this board, I can finally unlock the potential of my X3350.

Back