Q9550 E0 Stepping - Where can I get one?

Well, just got back from my local Micro Center (Denver) and they got a shipment of q9550s this morning, but they're all still SLAWQ...I'm guessing it'll still be luck of the draw at Newegg for a while, too, even though the E0s are starting to trickle in. I'm about to go out of town for a week, so I figure I may as well wait until I get back since I won't have any time to build before I go anyway.

With as much positive feedback as the C1 9550s have gotten, I don't really expect to see much of a real-world difference with E0 -- It's just if I'm going to drop $300+ on a CPU, I want all the latest little bug fixes and refinements if possible since I tend to buy systems to last me a few years at a time. I wouldn't mind if there was another price drop while I'm waiting, either!

I don't think these steppings make much of a difference if the batch isn't good as well. I have a g0 q6600 that will not OC past 3GHz. I'm sure there are a lot of b3s that can do a lot better than that. I'm waiting to see if the first e0s are actually good before I buy.

long time visitor to the site first time poster....i was out at my local Fry's and they didn't have any Q9550's...so hopefuly the new ones they are getting will be the E0

long time visitor to the site first time poster....i was out at my local Fry's and they didn't have any Q9550's...so hopefuly the new ones they are getting will be the E0

Where do you live?

The Fry's that i checked in the LA area only had SLAWQ C1 types a few days ago.

Subscribed. I'm at the starting line waiting for the gunshot. Maybe Tankguys get it(reliably) first...

i live in San Diego county(specifically Carlsbad/Encinitas)....i may be checking the other frys tomorrow....

All Frys around L.A and OC area are out of Q9550. Expecting restock in about 2 weeks.

so if they are expecting new stock...would you think the new stock will be the e0 stepping?

I just checked the san diego fry's, it's still C0 one.

So there is no any store or online store has E0 now?

well from what we can tell newegg has them, but its seems to be hit or miss... some people are getting them and some still aren't....i think i will wait to buy it in frys when they get them to confirm before i buy...

my Q9450 c1 clocks to 3.0ghz at stock volts. i'm not complaining much ;)

a Q9550 would be nice though

I went to Microcenter in Sunnyvale, CA yesterday. They have 28 units in stock. all of them are C0's :(

Just wondering if this processor was good for gaming? I was eventually going to get a E8500, but then there's a good deal at fry's electronics for this processor.

I know the quad cores aren't really made for gaming, but when i think about it. Isn't this processor better in the long run?

Someone convince me not to buy a quad core!

Just wondering if this processor was good for gaming? I was eventually going to get a E8500, but then there's a good deal at fry's electronics for this processor.

I know the quad cores aren't really made for gaming, but when i think about it. Isn't this processor better in the long run?

Someone convince me not to buy a quad core!

I am going for this one over the e8500 or e8600 and somewhat for semi future proofing.... i do plan on OCing it to around 3.6 ghz.... the word is more and more games are going to start being enhanced with quad core...also i think i read somewhere that all the future intel chips are going to be quad or more so that may be something to think about.

btw i just called my frys and the guy said they had eight (which are new stock since they didn't have any on Saturday), he couldn't tell if it was sSpec: SLB8V on the box....so i may be going in there in an hour or two. Also i thought it said on the outside of the retail box the sSpec, is this true?

Yes, the sSPEC is marked outside the box.

Where are you from? Which Fry's are you going to?

Yes, the sSPEC is marked outside the box.

Where are you from? Which Fry's are you going to?

I am from the San Diego area, north county area, and i have been goign to the San Marcos Frys

i just got back, they just got 8 of them, but all of them are C1. and i doubt they will order more till they sell some of those.

I am new here but just want to say that I went to Frys yesterday and they only had one q95550 w/C1 and i was told that they won't have any more since these are discontinued, i called the San Jose Frys and Fremont (California, i reside in San Mateo) and they are out of them; they are waiting for the new processors this month. I bought mine for $279 which was the last unit in Palo Alto, but I feel like returning this unit and wait for the new one and buy a new board. what do you guys have to tell me on my issue?

ready here is the plan, everyone go buy a C1 version so i dont have to wait as long for my e0 without paying up the waaaaaaazooo...

I picked up a C1 because the Microcenter by my house still had a bunch of them. And live cash back on the C1 for $240 was hard to pass up.

Only $73 more than microcenter. I like Tankguys but thats a bit more than the stepping is probably worth over a C1.

I agree. Plus, TG doesn't accept returns on processors, so if you get a dud, you're going to have to deal directly with Intel, I guess.

I'm out of town right now, so it doesn't do me any good to buy a processor today anyway. I think I'll still try my luck at Micro Center when I get home.

i ahve a few of my local small stores getting new chips in before the weekend....i will keep you all informed

i may just buy it from tank guys, i am having a hard time waiting.

i called them today, they got the old ones, one more store tomorrow is getting some in...i will call them around noon pst

but also leaning towards the e8500 e0 or e8600 since all i really do is game, and i dont feel that many games will really take full force of quads for at least a year or two and i can limp along with a dual core till then.... opinions on that?

in my local shop they have e0 q9550 (czech republic)
next week im going to buy one :)

Cooler Master CM Dominator 690
Noctua NH-C12P
Intel Core 2 Q9550 BOX
Corsair Power Supply TX750 750W
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5 GV-R487-1GH-B
Corsair Dominator DHX 4GB (kit 2x 2GB) 1066MHz CL5

in my local shop they have e0 q9550 (czech republic)
next week im going to buy one :)

Noctua NH-C12P
Intel Core 2 Q9550 BOX
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5 GV-R487-1GH-B

feel free to mail me one.

hmmm enticing CPU. I may take my chances with one, this 6400 I have is getting tired ;)

I will try and get some screenshots up tonight, I am having a hell of a time getting an actual voltage reading in windows on this IP35 PRO XE. And does anyone know how to make CPUZ display the right speed on this processor? It's always about 250MHZ low.

Where are these things hiding at?

I just called my local MicroCenter in S. Cali and they don't have any.

if you have one please post where you bought it post some CPUZ screen shots.

i have one on table :) but havent motherboard :D dhl are so slow :)
i will upload some screenshots when i get it all :)

Noctua NH-C12P
Intel Core 2 Q9550 BOX
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
MSI VGA ATI R4870-T2D1GOC

Lagoom.com have it. I got one yesterday.

When you order online, make sure to say you want the sSPEC:SLB8V. Cost $326 a little higher than Fry's or Microcenter but lower than Tankguys. It's worth the money for having the confidence you'll get an E0.

If you are in the Bay Area, you can order by phone and pick it up from their warehouse. They have nice people there and they reply quick.

I went to a loca Frys today and found out they just received a batch of Q9550. Since there were out of stock for about 2 weeks, I thought there was a good chance these new batch would be E0. Well, I thought wrong. Even though it had (I returned it right away) 09/06/08 pack date and batch # of L825B301, it was still C1.
Acoording to your screen shot, the one I bought should also had been E1.:confused:

i have one on table :) but havent motherboard :D dhl are so slow :)
i will upload some screenshots when i get it all :)

Noctua NH-C12P
Intel Core 2 Q9550 BOX
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
MSI VGA ATI R4870-T2D1GOC

Which vendor did you buy it from?

from main czech hardware distributor :)
(im from czech republic)

i have "all" in my cm690 monted.. but they hadnt corsair&velociraptor on storage.. today i will complete it together and upload some screenshots.

now withnout hdd/ram it can only turnON the fans on maximum speed xD
total useless :D

Took a leap of faith and ordered one from Newegg and scored!!! :)

E0Q9550specs.jpg

Back