QPack front firewire port

clarknova

n00b
Hey all,

I may be blind, but I do need to the jumper cable for the front firewire port to plug into my motherboard? I have the usb but i do need see the firewire one?
Am i missing something here?

I don't quite get what you're saying. My firewire port header is just plugged into the motherboard. That's all there is to it.

Dont you need the jumper cables for the front panel firewire to work plugged into the motherboard like you plug the cable from the front panel USB?

Yeah, you should have two cables there............looks like Aspire shafted you one of them. If you bought your case from Newegg, contact them and they should be able to send you a replacement firewire header cable free of charge.

It's also possible that the cable could have been stuffed in the front panel by accident.......double check to see.

MassiveOverkill said:
Yeah, you should have two cables there............looks like Aspire shafted you one of them. If you bought your case from Newegg, contact them and they should be able to send you a replacement firewire header cable free of charge.

It's also possible that the cable could have been stuffed in the front panel by accident.......double check to see.

You were right! It was lodged inbetween the front panel and the inside cage! What a pain in the arse. Had to unscrew and remove the front panel to pull it out.

Back