Qpack vs Sugo?

the Qpack is easier to work with, cooling wise. The Sugo is better in terms of having a little bit more space.

If you can wait a few more weeks, Silverstone is supposedly releasing a revised Sugo that'll have a good bit better cooling than it presently has. At the moment, you have to put a decent amount of time and effort into getting a good cooling system going for it.

If you do decide on the Qpack, I would suggest switching out the power supply.

Nice case, but it is twice the price of the qpack...man that is expensive...

I'm running on a sugo right now. The only problems I'm having with it is the fact that I need crazy cable management skills with my modsteam psu.

i think people would recognize what you're referring to a lot quicker if you said the SG01, not sugo. that's what its generally called by other ppl in the forum.

qpack has better airflow, and i think its easier to work in, im not sure. it also has an external 3.5" bay, which the sg01 doesn't. looks depends on the person; do you think the qpack looks better? the sg01 doesn't have the full size psu and long optical drive problem that the qpack has though (if you have a full size psu in the qpack with a long optical drive, it might not fit. lite-on's are short enough, though, as well as a few other brands.)

I have both the SG01 and QPack.
The SG01 offers better component cooling and a better layout than the QPack. Also better build quality.

The QPack is cheaper and has a bit more space, except in length.

Twice the price. Dumb PSU mounting design prevents using a lot of heatsinks.

sleepeeg3 said:
Twice the price. Dumb PSU mounting design prevents using a lot of heatsinks.

Twice the price but you get what you pay for.

if you want more than one hard drive, forget about cooling them. They are packed in like sardines.

The dumb PSU mounting design prevents using as many heatsinks as the support bar in the QPack does. :rolleyes:

CASE3.jpg

I think he more means the fact that the PSU, if it's a 120mm fan intake, pulls air up from the heatsink.

ToastMaster said:
I think he more means the fact that the PSU, if it's a 120mm fan intake, pulls air up from the heatsink.

I was worried about that too, since I use Antec NeoPower 480 PSU with its 120mm fan.
The temps dont lie though. With the case cover on my temps in the SG01 with a Venice core 3000+ are 26°C idle / 35°C load. (Zalman 7700 HSF)

Hofy said:
I was worried about that too, since I use Antec NeoPower 480 PSU with its 120mm fan.
The temps dont lie though. With the case cover on my temps in the SG01 with a Venice core 3000+ are 26°C idle / 35°C load. (Zalman 7700 HSF)

I have the 500 W Enermax Liberty PSU, with a 120mm fan. I bought this ASUS cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835193002 , and now I'm concerned for whether or not it will be able to properly cool with the 120 mm fan above.

I was thinking of putting in a fan pci card, lower speed, so as to blow air inside the case over to the HSF/PSU Fan area. What do you think?

(Otherwise, do you know of any good heatsinks with fans on the side that would fit, besides the Silverstone NT03?)

ToastMaster said:
I have the 500 W Enermax Liberty PSU, with a 120mm fan. I bought this ASUS cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835193002 , and now I'm concerned for whether or not it will be able to properly cool with the 120 mm fan above.

I was thinking of putting in a fan pci card, lower speed, so as to blow air inside the case over to the HSF/PSU Fan area. What do you think?

(Otherwise, do you know of any good heatsinks with fans on the side that would fit, besides the Silverstone NT03?)

Like I posted earlier the Zalman 7700 or 7000 will fit. The 7700 is about the same hight as the Asus HSF you purchased. I dont know how the Zalman will fit on motherboards other than the Biostar 6100-939. I think the open design of the Zalman helps circulate air in that area of the case.
Here are a couple of pics of it in my system in a SG01. I am also running an Artic Cooling 5 cooler on my video card. AC5 pic. This helps exhaust that heat out. The pic also shows that i have the 60mm fan relocated to the top blowing air down in toward the card area. I also have a nice quiet AC 80mm fan cooling the hard drives.

Back