QUAD SLI...need! /roll

Holy jesus...why am i always the last to know?!

</excuse> I am in Iraq right now, and I don't get a chance to get on as often as i like...</end excuse>

NVIDIA FTW!

Have fun wasting your money! :p

Until CPU's can keep up with it, Quad-SLi is a waste of money!

dR.Jester said:

Today's CPUs are not the bottlenecks in games. There is a market for quad-SLI; it wouldn't have even been thought of if there wasn't

dR.Jester said:

I agree, when DX10 cards such as the G80 and R600 come out in about 4-6 months, that quad sli setup priced at probably $2000 will absolutely plummet in price.

dR.Jester said:

Check out my sig...i love to waste money. So if you read closely at that url I posted...

"World’s fastest class claim based on testing Quad SLI against the leading competitor, the ATI Radeon X1900 XTX Crossfire. Performance tested on Monolith’s F.E.A.R game run at 2560x1600 resolution with soft shadows enabled. NVIDIA Quad SLI scores 47 frames per second versus 26 frames per second for ATI Radeon X1900XTX Crossfire. Benchmarks were run on an Athlon FX-57 system with 1GB RAM and Windows XP SP2. Performance tested on Doom3 game run at 2560x1600 with 4xAA/8xAF. NVIDIA Quad SLI scores 108.9 frames per second versus 84 frames per second for ATI Radeon X1900XTX Crossfire. Benchmarks were run on an Athlon FX-57 system with 1GB RAM and Windows XP SP2. Performance tested on Chronicles of Riddick game run at 2560x1600 with 4xAA/8xAF. NVIDIA Quad SLI scores 82.9 frames per second versus 53.52 frames per second for ATI Radeon X1900XTX Crossfire. Benchmarks were run on an Athlon FX-57 system with 1GB RAM and Windows XP SP2."

They did that with a 57...imagine if they would have used my 60 :eek:
zomgnvidiapwnt

The Equalizer said:
I agree, when DX10 cards such as the G80 and R600 come out in about 4-6 months, that quad sli setup priced at probably $2000 will absolutely plummet in price.
false. new high-end quad cards will simply take its place

To me, it looks like Quad SLIs niche will be people who want ALL options on and/or have very high resolution monitors.

Probably won't be cheap, but having high end "best of best" hardware never is.

cyks said:
false. new high-end quad cards will simply take its place
Err false? So spending $2000 on quad graphics cards that are the very last of a generation, and will be replaced by a generational leap within 4-6 months, which will be dx10 and vastly improved, is a wise decision and not a waste of time? Err no, trust me, unless you are minted, quad cards at the moment are a complete waste of money.

Back