Quake Collection on Steam for $15

CompuDrew

[H]F Junkie
You can get the Quake Collection on Steam for $15.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/434/

Items included:

QUAKE
Released Aug 3, 2007
$9.99
$4.99

QUAKE II
Released Aug 3, 2007
$9.99
$4.99

QUAKE II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
Released Aug 3, 2007
$4.99
$2.49

QUAKE II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
Released Aug 3, 2007
$4.99
$2.49

Quake III Arena
Released Aug 3, 2007
$19.99
$9.99

QUAKE III: Team Arena
Released Aug 3, 2007
$19.99
$9.99

QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
Released Aug 3, 2007
$4.99
$2.49

QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
Released Aug 3, 2007
$4.99
$2.49

Could be because Q IV wasnt made by id....

Yes, Quake 4 was developed by Raven Software. I already own the retail box so it's not really a must for me.

Also why would dumping quake 1 make this any better, if anything that's why I want it. I own Q1 and Q2 retail as well but my father refuses to let go of the retail boxes seeing as he technically bought it for us when I was little, he loves the series just as much as me.

Yep, if they offered that & dumped Q1 I might of bit.
I can't even put into words how much fun the original Quake is. Quake IV was an okay game, but it really doesn't hold a candle to the original.

how are the mission packs for Quake II?

I was thinking of just picking up Quake II and maybe some mission packs.

I already got the id super pack which had a lot more at the xmas sales.

Does the original Quake on Steam still include the NIN soundtrack?

No, no it doesn't. Or at least I don't remember it being included; it's been over a year since I've fired up Quake on Steam.

On that note, for $15 this is a good deal. Plenty of classic gameplay, although the mission packs aren't as good as the originals.

No, no it doesn't. Or at least I don't remember it being included; it's been over a year since I've fired up Quake on Steam.

On that note, for $15 this is a good deal. Plenty of classic gameplay, although the mission packs aren't as good as the originals.

Damn, if that's true that's a dealbreaker.

LMCTF on Quake II started making games insanely fun for me.

Grappling hook flag carrying was the shit.

No game has come close to that enjoyment level. They're all too worried about the mechanics of this, or the realism of that. Dammit just make it FUN. I was hoping Q4 would have redone the pleasure of Q2, but it apparently fell short

No game has come close to that enjoyment level. They're all too worried about the mechanics of this, or the realism of that. Dammit just make it FUN.

Agreed. I know this isn't in the gaming thread but well said.

Does anyone actually play multiplayer on steam with quake and quake ii?

Of course there is also quakelive.com

No game has come close to that enjoyment level. They're all too worried about the mechanics of this, or the realism of that. Dammit just make it FUN. I was hoping Q4 would have redone the pleasure of Q2, but it apparently fell short
LMCTF was the shit! I was total n0-0b at it, but it was kick ass. Fraggin fools while busting the cops - bad coys sound track!!!

RA2, DM, CTF and LMCTF was the shiznit! Chaos was kind of fun too :p

That game had some many good mods for it! Quake 2 also had the best version of Jail Break also.

Does anyone actually play multiplayer on steam with quake and quake ii?

Of course there is also quakelive.com

doubt it

if you want to play quake online you should just download ezquake

I picked this up yesterday and feel that it's worth it. I always used to go to my uncles place to play quake when I was younger and was never able to find a retail version (living in rural North Dakota tends to cut you off from the rest of the world). It may not have Q4, but you still get the best Quake games plus the expansions for less than $20. Total win IMO.

Unfortunately, they don't include the original music, but I have found some mods that add it back in.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972530

The guy that put those together also includes the Darkplaces sourceport for Quake1 and the mission packs so you can make the game look better as well (IMO at least). Also, the mods linked above are made for the STEAM versions.

might even be able to rip some of the music from torrent releases if they are direct iso images.?

BTW if you are interested in Quake 2. Make sure to have this anti cheat system installed. If not you may be given the boot on some servers.

http://antiche.at/

Popular servers will even require map packs or you will get the boot. The website for the particular server usually have install files for suck files.

Back