Quakecon 2010 tourneys

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
So who caught the ctf and 1v1 finals tonight? Holy shit amazing matches!! I have not had this much fun watching q3 games in years.. lots of close games, double overtimes, ctf was great and so close. Cypher vs cooller was nuts as well.. also close, both great players.. I'm sorry it's over I guess I'll have to catch more footage in the coming days. If anyone has any good links to replays or interviews feel free to share them here.

The event coverage was poor, which is about par for the course. Thankfully this time I wasn't one of the folks waiting around for hours for matches that are supposed to be broadcast.

quakecon coverage gets worse every years, this year it was just hours and hours of the spinning quake logo. The fact slasher was banned and prozac got kicked out added to this years failcon :/
That been said when you finally got to see some games inbeteen the spinning logo they were pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZ7g_dAyHA

Why were they banned/kicked?

Slasher was banned for releasing info about the new maps etc thereby breaking the NDA even though other people had dones so before him and it was common knowledge. Prozac was kicked out as he was changing his pants and his dick was out while doing so even though the only people that saw were a few admins he was arrested in any case.

"No kids, no families, no nothing. Fuck QuakeCon. I'm OUT! Love" -Slasher

Fairly stupid of proZaC non the less... If there where kids around he would have been charged as a sex offender. For indecent exposure to a minor, that is if he where a US resident... Not sure how it works over in Sweden.

When I was told the story of what happen with proZaC... I cracked up so hard. I loved that guy. He was wasted the entire event. BUT how terrible of an overall event that was... The quake play was amazing. The finals were amazing to watch live. That final rail shot for the winning frag was amazing on cyphers part. IT WAS A BOOM HEADSHOT! It was directly in the models head with him jump and fading back and cooller falling to the ground to go for rail/mega that was still up. After that cyhper stuck it in deep and went up in the last minute. The areowalk map alone was another amazing map.

Man such an epic final. Letting your shit flop out in public? really? walk your ass to the bathroom...

4µ;1036061028']"No kids, no families, no nothing. Fuck QuakeCon. I'm OUT! Love" -Slasher

Fairly stupid of proZaC non the less... If there where kids around he would have been charged as a sex offender. For indecent exposure to a minor, that is if he where a US resident... Not sure how it works over in Sweden.

Yes, he would have been charged here as a sex offender.

When you travel internationally you are subject to all the local laws but might not get all the local protections from things like unreasonable search and seizure as those are often only the rights of citizens of that country.

Back