question about changing mobos

xbreaka

Gawd
alrighty well im no idiot to computers i built mine and upgraded most everything but thr mobo,
i want a amd mobo that will support the new dual cores that will come out, I want to also hold onto my agp8x card seeing as it was quite expensive, Right now im looking at the neo2 platinum nf3 for 939, Will this support dual cores?

I run many high level apps. softimage xsi, solidworks to name a few and using the licenses is difficult thus id rather not have to reformat after i put in the new mobo.

Im using the newest nvidia unified system drive with my nf7, since its unified wouldnt the drivers i already installed for this one be cross compatable with a nforce3?

if your mobo is compatible with 90nm, apparently it'll be compatible with dual-cores. By now i'd think all the newly made 939 mobos are.

xbreaka said:
alrighty well im no idiot to computers i built mine and upgraded most everything but thr mobo,
i want a amd mobo that will support the new dual cores that will come out, I want to also hold onto my agp8x card seeing as it was quite expensive, Right now im looking at the neo2 platinum nf3 for 939, Will this support dual cores?

I run many high level apps. softimage xsi, solidworks to name a few and using the licenses is difficult thus id rather not have to reformat after i put in the new mobo.

Im using the newest nvidia unified system drive with my nf7, since its unified wouldnt the drivers i already installed for this one be cross compatable with a nforce3?

Everytime I went from a different motherboard to either an NF3 or NF4 (one of each with my same 74GB Raptor), I couldn't do a simple repair install of WinXP. I had to reformat the drive and start over. Both times it saw the old installation and performed the repair install, but it would then stick in a boot loop. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Go here to learn about upgrading your mobo without reloading your OS.

Most importantly, however, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a backup. Ghost your current C: drive to another drive before doing anything, and set the copy aside just in case something fucks up.

Back