Question about Chieftec Dragon/Chenming

Pyke

n00b
Had this case for a while and always wondered what this was? It is probably a really stupid question, and I'm assuming it is a really bad wire management system? Thanks!

inuti7ag.jpg

That vertical purple thing, (next to the fan holder) is a holder for full sized expansion cards, I normally take mine out as I dont use it.

Heh. Is THAT what that is! Having had several of these style cases, I figured it was an easy way to manage some cables (stuffing the extra in it without cable ties :) ).

Thanks, its been bugging me forever. But it does keep the front LED wires in check....

I believe it's called a "Card Keeper" or "Card Holder".

They are often found in older AT cases.

My Chieftec Matrix series case has it, I never bothered removing it.

thread hijack: muwhahaha. (he got his answer anyway)

while we are on these cases, are there any optional mounts for 120mm fans in place of the 80's these cases use? Or, have any of you creatively mounted 120's in these cases? I'm going to mount one in the top, but would really love to put one in the front as well (I havent really looked at the front well yet). I've already removed the bottom hd cage and am going to drill out the rivets that hold the cage bracket in place, because the damn thing annoys me.

Borgschulze said:
You would have to remove the bottom drive cage and cut a hole.

well thats obvious..looking for something a bit more comprehensive. I honestly dont know that I'd bother cutting a hole. there are 2 80mm fans there already, a fan properly mounted inside should draw more than enough through the existing holes.

But you have to remember that you will be effectively restricting the airflow by only drawing through the existing holes for the previous 80mm. Your best bet is to get a template for a 120mm and trace on the case and cut it out. Take a look at the HD 100th Anniversary case at www.mnpctech.com to get an idea of what you are looking at.

Back