Question about DVD media...

Satyrist

Gawd
Specifically, which brand is good, and can be found locally at the B&M stores?

I do realize that Taiyo Yuden is established as a good all-around media to get, but only way to be absolutely sure is to get them online at the usual places such as mediastore.

I'm looking at getting something as far as tonight or this weekend; Suggestions for brands to look for as an alternative would be appreciated, or at least aren't going to be outright junk. I've had an NEC 3540 for some time, but never got around to burning DVD's with it, just CD's. :confused: I know.

Verbatim appeared to be one to look at, but did anybody else have a preferred brand instead?

I have had excellent results using either 8x Verbatim or 8x Sony DVD-R's with an ASUS 16x DVD burner(rebadged Pioneer).

for what it is worth, I just bought 3 - 25 packs of memorex DL DVD's, and every disc was bad. Got a package of Verbatim, worked perfectly fine.

Verbatim is usually pretty good stuff. One trick I learned long ago that still seems to be relevant is look on the label of the media to see where it was manufactured. If made in Japan, it is frequently TY or another high quality media; if China, typically lower quality, but not always bad. I used to buy certain Fujifilm packages in B&M stores that would end up being TY or Prodisc at a fraction of the typical price.

Back