Question about eVGA's ACS³ Cooling Kit 1+

According to those pictures, the 1+ has what seems to be heatsinks. Copper maybe?

You are right. thanks for the reply. Ok one question down, one more to go. So how are they? They cost 24-35 bucks.

I bought two to use on my BFG 7800GTX OC's that I put in my Shuttle SN26P on the chance that they would improve cooling, and because I had $50 eVGA bucks that brought them down to $32 for the two 1+ kits. Well, they brough down the idle and load temps of one card by a couple of C, however, the outside card on the SN26P gets very little ventilation and as such, actually got worse temps in the exchange under load. I don't think the problem is the ACS kit though, its really the layout of the SN26P putting the two cards so close together.

My reasoning all along was basically; for $32, why not? For $82, not worth it. However, why get the ACS kit if you have the room for the Zalman's? The ACS kits won't even come close.

Another thing I found was that my BFG cores ran hotter than my friends eVGA KO cores clocked at higher speeds, so I'm thinking its just the cores eVGA is cherry picking for the KO's versus the actual ACS cooling solution.

Back