Question about multi monitor setup on latest nvidia cards.

DG25

Gawd
I've seen that many of the new nvidia cards come with 3 video outputs, usually 2 DVI and one mini HDMI, so:

1. For office work only, can i use 2 LCD monitors + 1 TV LCD, all 3 in extended mode?

If not, then...

2. Can i switch between 2 LCDs in extended mode and the TV, just by using the Win+P shortcut in windows 7?
What i mean is: 2 LCDs extended (ON) + TV (OFF) <----(Win+P)----> 2 LCDs extended (OFF) + TV (ON)?

Last edited:
you can only use 2 at a time, you'll need another video card for the third

In this case, i plan to use 2 monitor LCDs in extended mode and the TV only for movies. But not all 3 at the same time, because it's impossible with one nvidia card, as you said. I want to know if it's easy to switch between them, in this configuration. 2 LCDs in extended mode -> TV main and vice versa.

Anyone, please? I currently have one LCD as my main LCD and a secondary TV LCD. I switch between them with Win+P, no extended or clone mode, i just switch my main monitor to the TV, for watching movies. But i was thinking of adding one more LCD monitor, so i have two monitors in extended mode, and when i want to watch a movie on the TV, i could switch to it, turning off the signal to the other two LCDs. Is this possible just with the Win+P win7 shortcut? Again, no 3 LCDs at the same time, just 2 or 1.

Back