Question about patching FarCry

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
I'm having some problems with FarCry freezing up on me. I think my hardware is fine, so I'm thinking maybe I should install some of the updates for it, since I just have the regular 1.00 version from the DVD.

My question is, it looks like the most recent patches are for patching version 1.3, so do I need to get all the patches and install them one after another, or is there one big patch I can get?

I think you have to go 1.1 -> 1.3 -> 1.32 and you will be all set. I am not 100% sure that that is correct but that is how I remember patching it. If im wrong someone can correct me.

superthrawn said:
Does the 1.0 version of FC even *support* the 7800 architecture?
No, I don't think it does. It doesn't even support 6800's until it's atleast patched to1.2 and it wasn't really great till 1.3. So if you run 1.0 on a 6800 or 7800 you will get weird graphics and other weird black textures and stuff.

ok, I patched it and it looks a lot better

I still have this weird line across the middle of my screen that shows up when I am looking around sometimes
it's not so much a line as it is a edge...how to explain this?
kinda like if you have tinted windows in your car and on the windshield some people have a strip of tint at the top, well you can see there is a tiny amount of magnification with the tint, if you look through the windshield at an angle at one continuous object

I am also seeing a lot of flicking on trees and stuff

Back