Question about plastic

hybrid.09

Limp Gawd
So I had this thick of plastic, that had a piece painted black.

I was an idiot and used paint thinner and a paper towel to take it off. Now all the bits of the paper towel are on the transparent part of the plastic. So it looks really retarded and dirty.

How can I clean off the plastic and make it fully transparent again?

Thanks.

Take that paint thiner to it again, but this time with a actual "cloth". Something that will work even better is goof off. There is also this "adhesive remover" at Lowes comes in a 1 quart blue metal container. This stuff works miracles, but be warned it will burn the skin. It can remove any sticker!!

Well you did not mess with the inside of the acrylic. You only messed up the outside, just sand off what you messed up. The 1000 grit will give it-its polish back.

Also, judging by the picture. Did it eat at the plastic, or is it just the paper towel mixed in with the thinner and dried up?

I tried putting it into hot water with thinner before that happened, no idea If that changed anything.

oh yeah, thats melted. start sanding, 800>1000>2000>liquid if you feel like taking it that far. i've melted plastic before trying to clean it, just be glad is wasn't a cd or dvd.

Back