Question about port forwarding (FAH related)

MrValentine

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok. Say your work has a Intranet with 99.999% of the IPs blocked to the outside world. BUT your machine is cleared through the firewall, and it does have access.

Is there a way to get the user machines to route a single ports traffic through my machine? Basicly turning my machine into a gateway for only 1 port? All other traffic routed as is.

These are Win2k boxes BTW.

I've been looking for a while and found nothing to do this with, a few linux apps come close. I don't want ALL traffic routed through my machine, just the port:s I choose. So i'm not even sure thats possible on the client side.

Am I hosed?

i'd tell you to run squid on your machine, except stanford broke FAH through that. they seem to be fixing it now, though. its worth a shot (esp. if you can't get access currently) it seems to be off and on, but more on recently.

YMMV.
nothing to see here, folks...

Do you have a linux box (and thus the mention of linux) or is it all win2k? If you have a *nix box, polipo will probably work (I still haven't tried it...).
If it's win2k or nothing, you can run squid, and occasionaly get a unit. Squid runs on win2k, and we used it for a while. When Stanford fixes squid, then all will be fine and good. Til then, it'll get some work done, anyways...

Back