Question about the Wii Twilight hack

compslckr

[H]F Junkie
Not sure if homebrew and the like is allowed on here, but if it is not please delete this thread.

I have a wii and have been doing some reading about the twilight hack, however I do not currently have the twilight princess game. I was wondering if I could just rent the game, play it once, load the hacked save file, then install the homebrew channel, then return the game and not need it anymore.

Would this work? or would I still need the game at any point after the homebrew channel is installed?

Thanks,
Zac

you have been here 6+ years and you are not sure if this belongs here??? You are trying to play a game without buying it, that is considered piracy so I am guessing this will be locked pretty quick :eek:

I am not trying to play a game without buying it, I am trying to run open source homebrew games on a piece of hardware that I purchased.

When I did it, I simply used twilight princess itself. You would talk to some guy and then BAM a bunch of code would pop up. I wasn't even aware it could create a homebrew channel. :eek:

Then again, I probably did it a couple months ago. Things might be changed now. If they have then I can't help you. Sorry, that's all I know.

Wow, Twilight hack has come a long way. From what it seems though, you could just rent it w/o a problem. From your third link:

Description: The Homebrew Channel is a channel for launching Wii homebrew applications without the need to run the Twilight Hack first.

Considering that the thread which tells you how to get homebrew on your PSP is stickied, homebrew is more than welcome here. ;)

So I got it up and working, the twilight hack was a piece of cake to load from the SD card, and I can confirm that it is possible to use the homebrew channel without the zelda disk.

You only need to use the Twilight Hack once to get the Homebrew Channel on there.

Be warned that there are multiple versions of TP, and not all of them work with the TH.

I believe they have 2 versions of the twilight hack posted at one of the links above, and you can determine what version you have by reading the inner clear part of the disk.

Yep I did this a few weeks ago, you only need the disk once. After that the channel is installed and you're good to go. From there you can load homebrew apps off the sd card, or I think even over tcp straight from your pc. I haven't played around with it much but its pretty slick. This is homebrew only, it does not allow you to play backup games.

Back