question about xbox360 hdmi

i have the non hdmi xbox n i have the 1080p gateway fhd which has hdmi now my question is should i trade my old xbox for a new hdmi eqquipped?? will the picture look better?? clearer?? sharper?? im playing now on component 720p because 1080p looks a little washed out so should i trade or not?? honest answers from sum1 who REALLY knows. Thanks

What are you using as a display?

Edit, sorry couldn't read.
Have you tried the vga port? It can do 1080p as well.

Depends on the size and quality of your display... the difference might be negligible on a worse display, but on a large, good one, it will be readily visible (HDMI vs. Component).

On my TV, 1080p component actually cuts off about 1" from the image on all sides of the picture...and the colors weren't bright enough. When I swapped to VGA, that fixed everything. If your TV can take a 1080p VGA signal, I'd recommend that rather than dropping the money for a new 360 or looking for some kind of swap.
The benefits of HDMI are pretty minimal on the 360, so don't sweat that.

Depending on your display, 1080p "can" be supported over Component. On my Phillips 42" LCDTV, 1080p is output perfectly over component and the TV identifies it as a actual 1080p signal.

Is it as good as HDMI? To be honest, I don't know, as I have a launch Xbox360 premium without the HDMI out. It does look very sharp, but to my eyes, I don't see a noticeable difference between 1080i and 1080p.

Back