Question:Accelero S1 and SLI 8800GTS 512's on Evga 680i Board

bigj2k1

Limp Gawd
Soooo I'm looking at buying 2x 8800GTS 512's since its apparent that the 98xx series really isn't going to provide that much improvement in performance...now my question is I really like the Acclero S1 coolers but has anyone tried to use them on SLI'ed cards? I looked at the pictures and I just can't quite tell if they will fit or not. It looks like you will be able to put the SLI bridge in between the fans with a little fineness but will they actually fit in an EVGA 680i Board?

A side note on this, with the turbo module your GTS will become a "3 slot" card. I know the 780i the second card is pushed to the bottom of the mobo and you may or may not have enough room down there depending on your case.

A side note on this, with the turbo module your GTS will become a "3 slot" card. I know the 780i the second card is pushed to the bottom of the mobo and you may or may not have enough room down there depending on your case.

Yeah I have plenty of room for that... registered for the EVGA 680i to 780i step up but jesus I'm 1300 in line and it hasn't moved in a month :( So i dunno if I'll be able to use the Turbo mod or just do a nice little mod with 2x120's on the side of the case

My case it is going to be a problem (the P182). I'm still debating what I'm going to do on it. I've got them listed in my sig but they're really sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed. :(

Back