Question for 6600 owners

crashthenet44

Limp Gawd
Question for any 6600 owners who have bought their CPU's from ZipZoomFly, Newegg, etc... in the past month or so. What batches have your CPU's been? Seems like the later batches especially after week 40 are really lousy oc'ers.

i've only been able to get stable at 3.33GHz. Stepping 6, Revision B2. I've not yet tried dropping the multi to see if it's my P5NE-SLI or the processor itself (I run at 1480 FSB most of the time, can't get higher -- it'll get into Windows but fail Orthos, regardless of voltage). i just bought it from newegg last month.

i'm able to hit 3.06 ghz with stock cooler/stock voltage. I didn't play with voltages because the stock cooler sounds like it's dying (its fan is occasionally knocking and wheezing, not very good signs) and I don't want to overheat the cpu. I'll try going higher when I get another one. Week 52 or so.

BTW, what's the highest RPM on stock cooler? Mine is 2000, just wonder if that's normal

Edit:
Alright, I tried upping the volts on everything. Orthos-stable overclock at 360mhz FSB @ 1.4v vcore, 3224mhz cpu, 55-56c load. 370FSB=3333CPU fails in orthos, had to up vcore to 1.45 or so to make stable but load temperatures are hitting low 60c so I guess with this cooler it's the max I can do :)

Back