Question for WoW players. Which class has the game best buffs?

Every class brings crucial raid buffs to the table. Shaman likely have the widest range of buffs, including heroism/bloodlust.

Well if you are looking for a Bard class type from the EQ/EQ2 lines, there isn't anything close to that in WoW. I would say that any hybrid class usually has a buff or two to put out, and the shaman has four totems they can put out which are essentially buffs.

I like the Paladin buffs. You have Might, Wisdom, Kings as pure buffs for other classes. On top of that, you have 5 Auras that also act as buffs, in addition to the above spells. Further, you can train talents to add even more functionality to the existing auras (like protections buff to to add 5% healing to your Devotion Aura).

I think Shamans and Paladins likely offer the most robust buffs of any classes.

Do all the good buffs require the player to be in your group? I hear druids get a good one called mark of the wild.

you have 3 roles:

tank, healer, dps

all roles bring something useful to the table

it's not about who has the best buffs but playing your role most effectively. i.e. healing fast, putting out good dps while playing smart, being a good tank (which means knowing when to pop cool downs, generate high threat, and being fast on loose mob pick ups

conclusion: don't worry about who has the best buffs

you have 3 roles:

tank, healer, dps

all roles bring something useful to the table

it's not about who has the best buffs but playing your role most effectively. i.e. healing fast, putting out good dps while playing sm art, being a good tank (which means knowing when to pop cool downs, generate high threat, and being fast on loose mob pick ups

conclusion: don't worry about who has the best buffs

OK but what about buffing people for free. EQ players were always handing out free buffs to low level characters. Can you do that in WoW?

OK but what about buffing people for free. EQ players were always handing out free buffs to low level characters. Can you do that in WoW?

Yes you can, but the buffs scale with level. You cannot cast a level 55 buff on a level 10 player. If you do, it will downrank the spell. So instead of giving them say 160 attack power, it will give them something like 15. Each classes have different duration buffs.

Paladins are generally considered to have the most well rounded buffs.

Shaman, no. Others, yes. The buffs last from 10 to 30 minutes. If they are in your party, you can do hour long buffs.

In reality, you don't need the buffs from other classes while leveling. You likely wont see higher level toons while you are leveling, except in the cities. And no one really random buffs anymore. Some do, but rarely. If you want, you can stock up on elixirs, scrolls, and food that can be used for self buffing while you are running around solo. These are generally cheap as people are always leveling crafting skills.

If you played EQ and generally know what you are doing in mmos, I would say roll a Druid. Lets you play around with all three roles and eventually choose one to focus on or reroll a more specific class now that you know what you want to do. In the meantime you will have instant dungeon queues while you level up, though you will tank most of the time.

The best buffs for lowbies are gold for gear and recruit-a-friend accounts for the xp bonus. Temporary spells dont really matter.

Back