Question on Video proggy

vict0r

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I'm wondering...is there a program that I can use for the following?
say you appear in a recorded video, and you want to zoom in on your wrist to see if you had your watch on.

which program can do this and without a blurry outcome? ofcourse it wont be clear but, atleast you can prove that you had your watch on.

anyone?

You mean the program that has the "enhance" button you can click so it will zoom in and have super-sharp detail all of a sudden? Pretty sure that doesn't actually exist in real life. Sorry :)

Most consumer video programs have zoom-in option so you can blow up to the piece of the video you want, but it will be completely dependent on the quality of the video you're watching. If you're working from a video that is just a 320p youtube render, you probably won't see a lot of detail when you zoom in. If the source is from an un-compressed 1080p stream, you'll have a much better chance of finding the detail you're looking for. But there's still no magic "enhance" option to zoom in beyond the original resolution of the video.

In addition to video players or video-editing apps (I've used Adobe Premiere and After-Effects a little, but not actually sure how they do with this type task), you could just use a photo-editing program (PhotoShop or Gimp etc) along with your video player to zoom in on details in the video. Play the video in full-screen mode, pause on the frame you're wanting to scrutinize, hit the print-screen key, and paste the image into your photo-editor to zoom in or tweak the image easily.

You want to pan and zoom in the video, most all good video editing programs can do this. Go to sonycreativesoftware.com and download a fully functional 30 day trial of sony vegas or vegas movie studio and you can pan and zoom on your video, save it and render for free as long as you do it in 30 days or less. Very very ready to do

Back