Question regarding facebook posts and 'like' pictures

Sly

Supreme [H]ardness
Is a poster credited or something when people 'like' something he posted?

I'm sure a lot of us have seen pictures of people with medical conditions being spread on facebook ('we will donate 1$ for every share', etc.). However, i've personally debunked a couple of them with just a bit of research (i.e. googled for the original pictures).

I don't understand the motivation behind these, why would someone take some random picture and either fabricate or just put it up even tho they have no association with the subject in the picture.

isn't it obvious... people will do anything for subscribers, despite how immoral/unethical it may be.

Ok, i missed that one again. What is the point of getting subscribers if you have no content? On youtube they put ads on top of the videos that gets them credited, so i can atleast understand it from a monetary angle. More subscribers, more people go to you video, more likely for someone to click on your video ads (That's how freddie makes a living apparently). But how does it work on facebook? It's got ads on the sides that already runs off facebook tracking your usage.

I'm a casual user so i'm not really familiar with all the facebook features, but i just want to know. Because with no monetary or anything in return, that just means there are people that get off showing these things.

42631527069806300964410.jpg

At the moment, from what i know right now, posting this picture does exactly the same thing as you pressing like on the picture that says it'll send 1$ to the baby in africa with each like.

Last edited:
Press alt f4, make your system go faster....

.. People are generally computer illiterate and don't consider what is or could happen, so you get lots of reposts and chain letters from those people. For whatever reason they think posting a message that ends in "post this if you agree" or "want to make a difference" or whatever actually matters. In other words, they get nothing out of it but self-satisfaction or trolling, depending on the person.

money isn't the only reason someone may want subscribers.
higher number is reason enough.

it's like leveling up in WoW, you can brag to other people about what level you are, except in this case, you can brag about how many subs you have

money isn't the only reason someone may want subscribers.
higher number is reason enough.

it's like leveling up in WoW, you can brag to other people about what level you are, except in this case, you can brag about how many subs you have

Thanks. Putting this in an MMO context clarified things.

Back