Question regarding stock Amd X2 heatpipe fan

Lolento

Limp Gawd
Hello,

Need some help here.

I'm looking to get the stock amd x2 heatpipe HSF to replace my Arctic Silencer 64 Ultra.

I'm wondering what option do I have for to replace the fan on the stock amd heatpipe?
I hear the stock fan (Delta brand; 80mm; 44cfm @ max rpm) get pretty loud.

Should I get an 80mm replacement with a similar cfm rating? What 80mm low noise fan options are out there with similar flow rate?

Or should I get an 92mm fan with similar cfm rating and add an 80mm to 92mm adapter? I hear that the efficiency of using an adapter is not good, is this true?

Thanks,

its theramaly controled, playing games for hours the rpms dont rise to the point of being noticible, and it i one of the better fans ive seen with noise so unless the ambient temp in you r case gets out of site you should be fine.

one more question for those with experience,

how does the stock heatpipe compare to the arctic cooling silencer 64 noise wise?

the silencer is usualy has some of the best heatsink fans in terms of noise but i would say the AMD fan isnt that far behind

Wonder if anyone is making a 120 or 150mm --> 80mm adaptor... that would bring down the noise and keep the airflow up...

I'm running the stock 80x20 fan on mine...

Simpson5774 said:
the silencer is usualy has some of the best heatsink fans in terms of noise but i would say the AMD fan isnt that far behind

ok, thanks, guess i'll just order the AMD hsf to try it out

Back