Question that needs an answer...

itzhobbes

Weaksauce
Hey guys I recently bought a Samsung 204bw. I can't seem to either expand or shrink the viewing area of the screen. I can't even move the screen vertically or horizontally. Is this normal for widescreen LCD's because at work(its an LCD but not widescreen) I am able to adjust the screen to whichever way I like, either making the viewing screen bigger or smaller! Also it seems at the top on the left side there is a slight slant that goes across the top of the screen. The left side being a lil lower then filling out towards the right? Is this a hardware problem or software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I am not familiar with the 204bw, but if it has DVI, make sure you're using that, and hit the auto button. If that doesn't correct the "slant" that you refer to, I'd take it back and get another one. Yours may have been dinged in shipping. Also, Samsung makes good screens, there shoudl be a screen adjustment setup area on the OSM somewhere, I know my 731B's had them (but I have since sold them). Failing the ability to return it to the place of purchase, calling technical support and possibly getting an RMA would be your next best bet in diagnosis of the problem.

Back