Questions regarding PS3

crhscoog

Gawd
How much longer do you think the PS3 will last? I assume for awhile since no games really have taken advantage of blue ray only that it offers slightly better graphics than other consoles. In the next month or so I will be buying the PS3 for gaming and blue ray movies.

I plan to buy COD4 for it. My friend let me borrow his for PC and man is it awesome. I can only play at low settings because my computer's graphics card stink, but can't wait to buy it for PS3. By the way, what is the max numbers of players that can play in a server for online play?

Also, what other games should I be looking at? I haven't really owned that many games for console in past but willing to change that. (PS2 with three games and N64 with two games.. yikes.. prob sell those if I can get a decent price on them.. also have a psp with no battery for about 7 months now haha) I know that in future I'll most likely buy Final Fantasy and Madden or NCAA football.

Team Deathmatch and Headquarters is limited to 12 players, I really only play those two game types...

Get Burnout Paradise, that game is seriously fun especially with friends. Other than that, everything out now is pretty much rental material. If you can just wait for GTA4 and MGS4 and buy those.

having a blu-ray drive does not make graphics better. the fact that blu-ray discs can hold much more data than typical dvd's mean that more features can be added to games. graphics are always limited by the consoles hardware.

Team Deathmatch and Headquarters is limited to 12 players, I really only play those two game types...

Get Burnout Paradise, that game is seriously fun especially with friends. Other than that, everything out now is pretty much rental material. If you can just wait for GTA4 and MGS4 and buy those.

ah im used to playing in servers with like 30-50 servers haha. oh well at least there will be less chances of dying to random "noob tubes" and nades.

I couldn't imagine playing cod4 on my PS3. HQ and TDM are my two favorite modes...12 players? that sucks big time.

very nice. can't wait to get my ps3 :D cod4 should last me for awhile since i don't plan to get cod5 with it going back to ww2.. :-/ such a stupid move.

very nice. can't wait to get my ps3 :D cod4 should last me for awhile since i don't plan to get cod5 with it going back to ww2.. :-/ such a stupid move.

COD5 is going back to WWII??? Infinity Ward isn't making it are they?

Blu-ray doesn't make graphics any better, but it does increase the install base. Developers see how many systems have been sold total and then make games to match. If 10 million Xbox360s are sold and 5 million PS3s, they might go only for Xbox360. Blu-ray makes that seem more PS3 heavy.

COD5 is going back to WWII??? Infinity Ward isn't making it are they?

"While everyone seems to be oohing and aahing at the upcoming Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, it seems that Infinity Ward may not be developing Call of Duty 5. Don’t fret just yet though, as they’ll most likely be back for CoD6. Awhile back, publisher Activision decided they wanted to have a new Call of Duty game out every year, which didn’t leave enough time for Infinity Ward to create the games they wanted to. So a compromise was made after CoD2: Infinity Ward would get two years to make another title, and the franchise would be handled by developer Treyarch in the interim. This explains why CoD3 may have seemed quite a bit different from CoD2. It hasn’t been confirmed, but it seems that this deal may carry over into the next game as well. During that time though, Infinity Ward will also be doling out new downloadable content (maps, weapons, perks, etc.) for CoD4."
-source

its not official but just rumors. we'll see what happens. i wouldn't mind if cod5 sucks as long as new maps and etc. are added to cod4 every now and then :D also as long as online play for ps3 still has alot of players. don't want to waste $60 on another game :D

When games have to come out every year, is when they really begin to suck ass.

I predict PS3 will have a much longer life than the other major consoles. 5 more years, atleast. Will give devs plenty of time to "grow into" the hardware capabilities. Kudos to sony for being as forward thinking.

I assume for awhile since no games really have taken advantage of blue ray only that it offers slightly better graphics than other consoles.

graphics are debatable, but the Blu-Ray medium is already being utilized with uncompressed audio tracks if you have the proper equipment.

PS3's life seems to be starting up again with Bluray coming on top, Metal Gear Solid 4 around the corner, and no more 599USD price tag.

Wow just read about the PS3 "Home" that's supposedly going to be release soon. Looks spiffy!!

Back