Quick opinions

I'm going to put a custom WC system in a Silverstone Temjin case and I'm thinking of going with dual single 120mm radiators from Danger Den. One in front and one in back. I'm trying not to cut this case to install a dual 120mm rad but it looks like it could be done fairly easy if I had to.

So, I'm thinking my loop would be: res-pump-front rad-cpu-back rad-northbridge-res.

Or: res-pump-front rad-cpu-nb-back rad-res.

Any potential problems/advantages with either of those setups?? And your thoughts on the single dual 120mm rad vs. the 2 single 120mm rads.

Thanks

you should give a chance for people to reply before bumping man. you posted late last night and bumped early this morning. your thread was still on top :rolleyes:

anyway, the only disadvantage is your loop will be longer and slightly more restrictive. with a strong pump, two single rads wouldnt be a problem, but it wouldnt benefit you as much as you might hope. you are better off with just one dual rad. placement of the rads, singles or double, would be more important in my opinion.

I Just got my TJ06 and after a few quick mesurements im going to squeeze a dual 120mm heatercore into this thing. Its going to involve cutting most of the front panel behind the door and removing the exposed 3.5" cage.

Also watch out for your cables with this case(had to rewire both my p4 and atx connector to get them to fit and be hidden)

Actually it was down the list this morning.

Sorry, don't mean to be impatient, just getting ready to order this stuff and need the valued opinions of my fellow [H]ard forum goers.

Is my plan for placing the rads on the front and the back of my rig not a good idea?

I think the first configuration of running the water from the cpu to the back rad is your best option. This means (as I'm sure you are already aware) that the cpu heat will exit the case before it ene has a chance to enter it. However, you run the risk of having slightly higher CPU temps as a result of the cpu's water being cooled by heated case air. IMO: That little caviat doesn't mater because you have quite enough cooling and air volume in that case anyway.

I give it my thumbs up.

yeah just make sure you have a good pump like the 1250 eheim or the 650 swifty. i'm doing something like what you're doing. i'm going res, pump, cpu, back 120, gpu, top 120, res.

Install as many and as large radiators in your case as possible. It wont matter that they are pulling in case heat. It will still be better cooling.

Ok guys, I'm getting ready to hit the 'order' button, I just have a few more questions.

Should I go 1/2" or 3/8" and will this pump be sufficient?

Thanks for all your help so far.

1/2" should be fine....usually people get 3/8" for space reasons, and you should be fine with that case....and that pump should be especially sweet.

Back