Quick Plants vs Zombies Rant

Tzzird

Supreme [H]ardness
Played it 30 hours a year ago and loved it.

Loaded it up again this week and the Michael Jackson looking dancing zombie is now a generic 70's afro zombie?

Poop.

I was bummed about that too. I like Michael Jackson's music quite a bit, and the Thriller zombie was my favorite.

My other half used to play it. When I told her about it she was like"WTF!" Totally turned her off.....

Last edited:
I think its cool that Pop Cap can show a little respect to the greatest artist of all time. In all honesty, its sort of rare.

I was bummed about the change at first, but then quickly realized -- it doesn't change the game at all. It's still the same addictive little game it's always been.

I was more pissed at losing my saved games when steam updated to the GOTY edition.

I was bummed about the change at first, but then quickly realized -- it doesn't change the game at all. It's still the same addictive little game it's always been.

I was more pissed at losing my saved games when steam updated to the GOTY edition.

Yeah... I didn't get to reuse my saved game either. But it was just as fun playing through the game again from scratch.

Plus, there's 10 or 11 more achievements now that were not there before.

I think its cool that Pop Cap can show a little respect to the greatest artist of all time. In all honesty, its sort of rare.

respect was keeping the zombie jackson as it was a tribute to one of his greatest hits.

to the greatest artist of all time

Funniest thing I've heard all weekend (and I've had a pretty crazy weekend). Thanks for the laugh.

I thought it was kinda dumb when I read the patch notes about that change really.

Maybe related to a MJ video game?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/23/arts/music/23jackson.html

In death, Michael Jackson has had the comeback he always wanted. His estate, managed by two longtime associates, the entertainment lawyer John Branca and the music executive John McClain, has nearly settled his troubled finances by making a string of big deals: a record-contract extension with Sony, a new Jackson-themed video game, two Cirque du Soleil shows and a plethora of merchandise.

May be related to one of the estate managers being a lawyer. It's 90% of the lawyers that make the other 10% look bad. :p

The famous classic composers, Renaissance artists (Da Vinci in particular), Frank Lloyd Wright I'm sure plenty of other cases could be made as well, but calling someone that was a pop singer the greatest artist of all time would be a joke. Give it a hundred years or so and see if anything he did is still notable.

Popcap definitely could have fought it, but it would have cost them a ton in legal fees to do so.

you can mod your files to bring back the MJ zombie. I think it involves copying some files with the originals and modifying another one. At least that is what I recall. great game, had a lot of fun with it.

I was super annoyed by this change too
the thriller zombie first appearing was when I was like, "ok this game is tight!"

The famous classic composers, Renaissance artists (Da Vinci in particular), Frank Lloyd Wright I'm sure plenty of other cases could be made as well, but calling someone that was a pop singer the greatest artist of all time would be a joke. Give it a hundred years or so and see if anything he did is still notable.

Popcap definitely could have fought it, but it would have cost them a ton in legal fees to do so.

Well, this is MJ...for the next 10 years we'll have to hear about him, which is sad...he was nothing special..

Popcap just opted out of the legal fees.

Well, this is MJ...for the next 10 years we'll have to hear about him, which is sad...he was nothing special..

Yeah, he was nobody... I mean, anyone can have as many hit songs as he has, and become a pop icon that spills across how many generations? nothing special at all.

You may not like him, but you can't deny that he was about as famous as one can get, which makes him a little more than "nothing special".

Yeah, he was nobody... I mean, anyone can have as many hit songs as he has, and become a pop icon that spills across how many generations? nothing special at all.

You may not like him, but you can't deny that he was about as famous as one can get, which makes him a little more than "nothing special".

ya seriously
sure you dont have to be a fan of his music, I personally didnt like much of his stuff beyond Thriller but there's no denying he's was one of the most talented vocalists and dancers ever.

Sure, my point being that I don't see why. Certainly after he moved into his baby dangling/kid fancying/omg is that a nose/wasn't his skin darker back in the day?/Wait, he's run out of money? mode. Also, there are plenty of artists who are far more popular than MJ.

Thinking of popular people....the MJ estate is about as protective as Yoko Ono is of Lennon...

Back