Quick question on website content.

CLock3

Gawd
Alright, so here's my question. My friend was wondering if I could come up with a small, simple website for his artwork. I should be able to do this without a problem. I'm no web design pro by any means, but I'm taking some classes, and currently got done making a site of my own for my music solo project. Anyways, my question is, how do I go about making a content section that my friend would be able to update. Basically, is there a way to have it like a blog almost, without needing a whole blog page setup? I just want one div, for example, to be that way. So that way, he could log in, and type a simple update, post some new artwork, etc., without having to go into the actual html document and edit it. I was actually wondering this for my own site as well, so the information would be good to know. Sorry if I'm not explaining it very well, haha. If I have you confused, this is the easiest way to describe it probably. Take my site's home page for example. The div that has the 'news' content in it is what I'm talking about. Is there a way to make something like that able to be edited by my friend. Do you set up a feed of some sort and have the content pulled to the site somehow? Thanks a bunch in advance for any help. I appreciate it.

Cliff's:
-Friend wants me to make site for his artwork.
-Friend doesn't have web design experience.
-I want friend to be able to update a 'news' type section on his own.
-What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks again!

You could use something like modxcms (www.modxcms.com) which would allow you to give him a simple online editing interface to build/update a website. You would likely want to use the maxigallery addon for his artwork, but that shouldn't be very hard to accomplish.

I've seen countless tutorials on how to set up photo galleries using Drupal as well. I've even built one or two.

That CushyCMS seems to be the thing I'm looking for actually. Thanks a bunch for that Nick. Also, thanks ameoba, but as far as an image gallery goes, I'm not as concerned about that. I've got some ideas for that already. I'm just looking for something that will allow my friend to edit the news section on a page easily. One more thing I'm wondering, though. It seems from what I've looked at about CushyCMS that you can edit whatever content you'd like, but is there something like this were you can add multiple entries? Because if I use the CushyCMS, my friend will be able to edit the news div on a page, but when he wants to add news, he'll have to overwrite the current entry. It would be optimal if there was a means of being able to add entries, so that, like a blog, you could view previous entries and such. If not, then I'll just go with CushyCMS, but if anyone knows something about what I'm looking for, the help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone.

To my knowledge CushyCMS does not have any features like that. You could just train him to not actually overwrite the page and just write in a 'new' entry right above the current content?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Probably the easiest way, haha. Thanks again for the help man.

Back