Quick urgent question! RMA HP WTF!

mutant

Limp Gawd
I have a HP LP2475w 24-inch (1920 x 1200) S-IPS panel monitor. It has developed a black effect on it. Anyway I contacted HP and everything went smoothly and they agreed to send a replacement to me a as I am covered by the warranty period.

Well I got the confirmation e-mail which says -

Product description: HP LP2475w 24-inch W<---(my monitor)
Serial number: XYZ<---(my monitor's serial number)

The shipment of your part(s) is confirmed

Part description SPS-MON L2245w LCD GOLD-Q<---(wtf is this?)

Am I reading this right that they are sending me some crappy 22" L2245w for my 24" SIPS monitor? Am I understanding this correct? It's coming tomorrow and I definitely ain't taking no crappy 22" monitor. So should I just not accept it from the delivery guy?

Please advice. I shot an e-mail to the support guy but I haven't heard back so far.

I guess they somehow typo'd or made a mistake with the RMA. I'd reject the shipment, though in my experience HP support has always been great so I'd imagine they'll take care of you.

I guess they somehow typo'd or made a mistake with the RMA. I'd reject the shipment, though in my experience HP support has always been great so I'd imagine they'll take care of you.

Ok thanks I will reject it or I will end up with too many LCDs to return. I only got in touch with them this morning regarding my defective monitor and they were really good and were getting the replacement monitor to me by tomorrow morning. That was until I got this confirmation e-mail!

I guess it was too good to be true :rolleyes:

Mistakes do happen to the best of us, sucks that it happened to you :(

Back