Quick!!!

no 64-bit and no were near the speeds amd has reached

im sorry what ?? no where near the speeds ?? speeds of what ? cpu rates ? im sorry your in a thick foggy haze

and your wrong on the second point also. amd released their 64bit chip last month. hard to find, actually damn near impossible but its out there.
its just like amd's its a pseudo 64bit not a true 64bit.
the only true 64bit chip in the market is the intel Itanium and goo dluck affording one of those.

which is better totally depends on what your gunna use it for.

a workstation or games ??

games go get an amd64
workstation or otherwise,, go get at least 3.0ghz HT intel Northwood. preferably something faster lol.

How is x86-64 any less valid a 64-bit technology than Itanium/VLIW? You seem confused. Also, the Alpha is a 64-bit processor, it's been out for years, and you can buy an older one cheaply on EBay.

One is not better then the other. It all depends on what you use the Pc for and since I am a gamer AMD is best for me.

omg, you should not have started this, cause there is no right answer, and this will eventually turn into flame, so..
but here's my take on things:

if you're a gamer, and is better cause it's architecture is geared towards low latency and getting lots done per cycle
if you do workstation type stuff, intel is better cause it's high clock speed lets it do streaming type tasks well.

plus, i'd say that amd has the better general price/performance ratio (as they have for the longest time, and probably will for quite some more time)

(yes, i know it's way more complicated than this, but bear with me here)

games=A64
applications=intel

not to mention AMd has the better price:peformance ratio as far as im concerned right now.

Aieeee, my eyes, the bling...

Asking for a link to the processor is just downright lazy. You know where to look for it and what to look for (Socket 939, 90nm A64) so why do you need a link?

v_lestat said:
im sorry what ?? no where near the speeds ?? speeds of what ? cpu rates ? im sorry your in a thick foggy haze

and your wrong on the second point also. amd released their 64bit chip last month. hard to find, actually damn near impossible but its out there.
its just like amd's its a pseudo 64bit not a true 64bit.
the only true 64bit chip in the market is the intel Itanium and goo dluck affording one of those.

which is better totally depends on what your gunna use it for.

a workstation or games ??

games go get an amd64
workstation or otherwise,, go get at least 3.0ghz HT intel Northwood. preferably something faster lol.

That almost made me go "lol" :)

Honestly, are you just a troller? Or am I missing some kind of "humour?" Or are you just utterly deluded?

I heard that guys who buy AMD get more chicks... I don't know if it's true or not, but why take the risk!! :p

Astral Abyss said:
I heard that guys who buy AMD get more chicks... I don't know if it's true or not, but why take the risk!! :p
It's true! We have a support group and everything! See you guys Friday night. Bring your pointy sticks to beat back the masses of frisky supermodels.

There's no one-size-fits-all CPU. For some things; P4 is better; others- Athlon64, Xeon, Opteron, or even an Apple. I suggest looking around at some benchmarks for the task you'll use your rig most for. [H] has some; other places do have them too.

For gaming, for example, A64 is king; while P4 is good for encoding.

Back