Quietest 7800 GTX 512?

Phixzet

Limp Gawd
I kind of like the idea of BFG's lifetime warranty... Not that it is likely to die before I replace it with a much faster card... But if it does fail in 3 years and I want to wait a while - well it would be nice having the ability to get it repaired / swapped.

Anyway - but I really want which ever one is the queitest. I doubt there is much of a difference as all the coolers are pretty impressive looking, and I happen to appreciate the dual slot cooling designs.

Still any advice would be appreciated.

there nothing to reply to you.
At the moment all the cards are strictly using reference design HSF. That means its same Heatsink Fan assembly on all the cards. So they are equally noisy or quiet.

watercooling would be the quietest, just remove the stock HSF carefully and put the WC blocks on.

they're all absofuckinglutely silent right now, BECAUSE NO ONE CAN FIND ONE IN STOCK SO THEY'RE NOT BEING POWERED UP.

can you tell i'm bitter? hehe

BoySetsFire said:
they're all absofuckinglutely silent right now, BECAUSE NO ONE CAN FIND ONE IN STOCK SO THEY'RE NOT BEING POWERED UP.

lol

The BFG's were in stock yesterday at newegg briefly. I could have pulled the trigger - but first wanted some insight on how noisy they are... If they are too loud, I could explore less powerful cards....

BoySetsFire said:

lol

Phixzet The BFG's were in stock yesterday at newegg briefly. I could have pulled the trigger - but first wanted some insight on how noisy they are... If they are too loud, I could explore less powerful cards....

nooo, power is good!! :p

evga offers a lifetime warranty too, and they warrant HSF changes... so if you think its too load, change the cooler, and it dies sometime in its lifetime (but you DIDNT damage it physically) theyll fix/replace it. BFG wont do that.

Back