QX9650 vs QX6850

WarMace

Gawd
I seem to have extraordinary luck, I won 2 Quad Core EE's in less than a year.

I have both right now on my desk and was wondering which one I should sell to fund a new monitor.

The QX6850 is used (in my PC now)

The QX9650 is new in its unopened box which would make selling it easier.

So is it worth breaking the seal on the newer one and trying to sell the used one for
- 4 extra MB of L2 cache
- and 45nm from 65nm

Well ya, the QX9650 is 45nm, so it runs cooler and is better for OCing.

But, you can get more for the QX9650 since it is a newer model. It just depends, if you want the best performance, then keep the QX9650, if you just want to get the most money, then sell the QX9650 and use the QX6850.

But you are very lucky to have both, i am soon getting a QX6700 sent to me next week!

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Know a fair price for a perfectly good used QX6850? Or should I ask this in the FS/FT forum?

sure your minds made up, but if you wanna sell the 9650 PM me

p.s to be honest I would sell QX6850 even though its a good chip, if your an overclcoker theres good results from them to be had.

If you wont overclock the difference is negligible at best in my opinion.

lol, you already have a QX9770^(best CPU on the market as of now), save the negotiating to us poor folk.:)

I would sell both chips and buy an E0 Q9650.

+1 to this idea - this from the person who just installed his Q9650 - it doesn't seem to mind 3.6 at all, on stock volts. And you could be looking at what, $1500ish for both chips? You could get a Q9650, a nice monitor and have some extra $ for something else.

Back