Qx9775 in stock :O

You have to be fucking kidding me 1800 $ ?????????????? What does it do? Insta-Win in real life?

That's a ridiculoius price! This thing better wipe my A$$ for that price!

Anyone who spends that money better be filthy rich and not max out all the credit card you have to buy this!!!

i already said it once that its bull$ to give more than 1K out on a CPU .. but i got all eaten up like who am I to say that bla bla

Rodsfree I am Canadian...

I'm sorry about that - the price that is - same value either way.
The other guys that were freaking might not have been Canadian.

And the MSRP of these things has been stated at US$1499.00 for ages.

I'm sorry about that - the price that is - same value either way.
The other guys that were freaking might not have been Canadian.

And the MSRP of these things has been stated at US$1499.00 for ages.

Yeah, the price shouldn't be much of a surprise...

1.) It's extreme
2.) QX9650 is almost $1,100 right now, and the QX9775 is one step above that at 3.2

What's the surprise here?

There isn't much other than the fact this is going to be exclusive for a time period before the qx9770 and it will also have great overclocking potential just because of the 1600 fsb

If I had a Skulltrail mobo I'd be slapping in a pair of cheap Xeons and a couple good video cards for 99% of the performance at 20% of the price.

Sounds pretty terrible to me, considering 1,800.00 CAD = 1,830.27 USD according to XE.com and Yahoo Financial. Don't understand why the US gets it cheaper. I mean, it can't cost that much more to get it into Canada, could it?

would be fun to try one out but i find it's just not worth it. the qx9650 does the job just fine :)

If I had a Skulltrail mobo I'd be slapping in a pair of cheap Xeons and a couple good video cards for 99% of the performance at 20% of the price.

If I had a Skulltrail I'd slap in two of these QX9975's and beat the shit out of your cheap Xeons.

If I had a Skulltrail I'd slap in two of these QX9975's and beat the shit out of your cheap Xeons.

I really want that setup Zeth but I can't believe how bad Canadians get pwned. I am also sad that I won't be the only member to have it but oh well what can you do... My main concern is the board itself, its tentative release date keeps getting pushed back and I'm getting more hesitant.

I still don't get what the huge difference is between FB Dimms and DDR3... The producer of the board said that FB Dimms in quad channel are much more superior than DDR3... I can't grasp this can someone elaborate to see if maybe getting the 9775s is a good idea? Otherwise I'm just going to get a 9770 and a 790i Extreme plus 4x1 Corsair 2100 mhz ram since it'd cost roughly 500 less on the ddr3 side.

I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot upgrading at this point in time with a 780i and all with the nehalem due out later this year

Pretty sure you'd be better off with some 5450s and start clocking from there. You'd be better off starting with 1333 fsb processors then 1600 fsb since the fastest FB-Dimms are only 800 mhz.

What the hell with this crossfire stuff. at work we have lots of workstations with dual xeons and SLI quadro 4600s, with intel chipset. its not that hard if dell can do it.

What the hell with this crossfire stuff. at work we have lots of workstations with dual xeons and SLI quadro 4600s, with intel chipset. its not that hard if dell can do it.

Dell uses a nVidia switch chip on a riser board on the Precision 690. The skulltrail also uses an nVidia PCIe chip to enable SLI. Crossfire doesn't work on the Precision 690 when it's equipped with the riser board, wasted two days trying to get that to work...

Just got my hands on ONE QX9775 and am not going to be using it considering it's socket 771 AND the latency on the FB-Dimms.

Let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing. Great Deal to be had if your RALLY interested.

Side Note: I would post this in Sales, but you have to have 50+ posts to "New Thread" and I usually only read around this place.

Back