R520 core pics

*Work it*
*Now turn to the left*
*Now to the right*
*Show some more skin!*

mmmmm naked core sexiness......

looks like it was taken with a camera phone... none the less, and old as it may be, nice to see that damn thing... again, whew... :)

Brent_Justice said:
now let's see it on a PCB and in a computer working!

Sounds like someone hasn't gotten a preview sample yet ;)

Terra - I could be mistaken....

why is everyone so hostile in this thread?

i find this pretty sweet myself

let's try something new, if you don't have something to contribute to the thread, don't post in it, that way it stays on topic

Brent_Justice said:
why is everyone so hostile in this thread?

i find this pretty sweet myself

let's try something new, if you don't have something to contribute to the thread, don't post in it, that way it stays on topic

It'll never catch on :p

Seriously though, he's right. If you have nothing to contribute then don't.

well it's pretty obvious that anyone who was speculating about the possibility of eDram is dead wrong.

SatinSpiral said:
well it's pretty obvious that anyone who was speculating about the possibility of eDram is dead wrong.
its also pretty obvious that anyone who thinks that a picture of a core means anything is in need of serious mental help

cell_491 said:
its also pretty obvious that anyone who thinks that a picture of a core means anything is in need of serious mental help
were you referring to myself? =)

EDIT: because if you are, please understand that you actually CAN look at the core and see whether or not there's embedded eDram.

cell_491 said:

And if you were reffering to me, you should know that I was just joking. Notice the " :p " in my post.

SatinSpiral said:
were you referring to myself? =)

EDIT: because if you are, please understand that you actually CAN look at the core and see whether or not there's embedded eDram.
well, the little chip next to the die that looks just like the L2 cache back in the Slot 1 days (P2) does make a strong case for off-die cache, doesn't it ?

i wasnt referring to anyone in particular...i was referring to anyone that may take this as a "sign" of anything

drizzt81 said:
well, the little chip next to the die that looks just like the L2 cache back in the Slot 1 days (P2) does make a strong case for off-die cache, doesn't it ?
if you're referring to the R520 core in the OP, i dont see anything

Why is everyone hostile? Because some people think that ATI is snoozing on the job and they are impatient to get their new line up now.

~Adam

:confused:
CleanSlate said:
Why is everyone hostile? Because some people think that ATI is snoozing on the job and they are impatient to get their new line up now.

~Adam
You call it snoozing, I call it just not being able to get their shit together!

Oh, and there isn't any hostility here, just opinions based on the topic of the thread.

whoami said:
:confused:
You call it snoozing, I call it just not being able to get their shit together!

Oh, and there isn't any hostility here, just opinions based on the topic of the thread.
video cards arent grown overnight my friend, takes years of devoloping and testing then they ship it to vendors who test it, retest it, then they say ok, start making it then they ship it to venders who slap some pcb on it and ram and ship it to places like newegg ZZf and such
and if im worng, on well ignore this post

soulsaver_8229

Back