R600 Crossfire w/Intel CPU?

uberowo

n00b
I just bought a new system and frankly I'm fed up with nvidias piece of ****** 680i chipset.. (On my second board now, different manufacturers, and they all suck apparently..)

So I've been considering returning my 2nd 680i as well, and selling my two 8800GTX cards. That said, I want to keep my QX6700, so I was wondering if there was any info about the R600 Crossfire setups.. Will they be widely available or only for AMD chipsets now?

what problems are you having with your setup that makes it crappy?
just curious

Well the initial EVGA board has major SATA RAID issues.. Seemed to randomly loose connection to drives in the RAIDs causing BSOD and lockups ofcourse, occational data loss. And yes, I applied the "fix" which did nothing in my case.

Then I purchased an Abit IN9, which suffers from a number of different issues. For one its completely unstable on 4 DIMMs. The temps on the PWMs are as high as 150 degrees celcius on max CPU load (even with two extra fans installed blowing directly on them).

Check out this thread for more info: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130375

i have been using the asus striker extreme and i think it's pretty solid if you ask me
the issue you are having is mainly with the board so i'd sugest you try the striker too before deciding on ditching your nice set of hardware you currently have
i wasnt able to go through the whole thread cuz it was a bit long
just my suggestion anyway

No one has said anything about Intel or ATi dropping Crossfire support. Technically, it isn't a hardware issue. Part of the support and design of PCI-e is to support SLI/Crossfire type hardware configurations. Failure of SLI to work on an Intel board is intentional and at the driver level.

Some of the current intel 975 chipsets support crossfire. The p5w dh is one of them. Not sure about future chipsets from Intel.

I would wait on selling your 8800s, R600 isnt even out so who knows how good it will be.

get the new DFI RD600 ATI chipset and two R600 Videocards... nice :)

the ati intel chipset suppose to OC like mad

Back