Racing like it's 1982! (^-^)

VCS2600

n00b
In the classic era it seemed normal to walk into an arcade and find a steering wheel attached to an arcade cabinet. Which treasured racing gaming experiences, cabinet, console or PC, can you recall from the pre Gran Turismo days?:cool:

_-Bump-n-Jump-Atari-2600-VCS-_.jpg

Bump N' Jump Firebird

Namco Rally-X

Vigilante 8 2nd Offense

Hell yeah, the arcade version of that game was amazing! Fun fact: it was the first ever racing game, arcade or otherwise, to use a true physics engine. The arcade cabinet also had a 4 speed shifter, and an ignition key (you hard to start the engine at the beginning of each race.)

Another one I enjoyed a LOT growing up was the RoadBlasters cabinet:

HM6gdMz.png

Chase HQ
Air busters
Turbo Outrun
Super hang-on

Whiplash
Ridge racer
Screamer
Scorcher
Powerslide
F-zero
Rock n roll racing

Just a few. I got more if you guys want more.

Hell yeah, the arcade version of that game was amazing! Fun fact: it was the first ever racing game, arcade or otherwise, to use a true physics engine. The arcade cabinet also had a 4 speed shifter, and an ignition key (you hard to start the engine at the beginning of each race.)

Another one I enjoyed a LOT growing up was the RoadBlasters cabinet:

<snipped>
Yeah, I had a lot of fun with RoadBlasters way back when. There was one place that even had the sit down version, was quite epic.

I played this one so much. I think I unlocked everything as a kid. Great music and crazy graphics for the SNES era.

344966-stunt_race_fx.gif

I cut my racing sim teeth in Hard Drivin' back in the day at the Wildwood, NJ Boardwalk. I was just 6 years old, and I have had a taste for them ever since!

Back