Radeon 9600 DVI $37.99+SH

Just a friendly heads up, these are likely to be the castrated 64bit memory "SE" equivalent.

In other words, you're not going to be running current video game titles with it. It ought to be fine for a gramps, sister, mom+pop rig though.

$37.99 is a good price for what you're getting as they normally retail for $50ish + s/h.

edit: looks like price is back to normal, err dead deal.

SJetski71 said:
Just a friendly heads up, these are likely to be the castrated 64bit memory "SE" equivalent.
Bzzzt. Sorry, wrong answer.

There are clues to what these cards are, and the best guess based on the picture is it would likely have 128-bit memory. I did research on Sunday since these were the same price during the moonlight madness sale. The PCB layout, memory chips populated and markings are identical to the HIS Excalibur and Connect 3D 128MB 128-bit cards. That convinced me enough to order 2 cards.

I received the cards today and in fact they are 128-bit memory versions. The memory on the 2 I received are 4ns Samsung chips (8 chips total). I've overclocked the first so far to 375/500 (250MHz DDR). Stock speed is 324/406 (203MHz DDR). A memory volt mod and fan should get these to 9600 Pro speeds. Awesome deal for $37.99.

very nice, i had a feeling the answer was buried in the details.

now i wish i bought one or three :p

nah, the 9600 128bit beats out even the 5200 128bit by good margin.

Its basically a lower clocked 9600 Pro/XT

Thats basically what made this a sweet deal.

Edit: Deal alive again!

85 left in stock atm

SJetski71 said:
now i wish i bought one or three :p
;)

Try tomorrow morning. After the $37.99 price was sold out, there were still 498 cards in stock when I checked this afternoon (add to card and change quantity to 999 to see how many are left). On Thursday morning geeks.com has the "Sunny Savings" sale for a few hours, 4am-10am Pacific time i think.

It has a really good chance of going on sale again tomorrow morning... I bought mine during the "sizzling sunday" sale, it was on sale for monday's "moonlight madness" sale and it was on sale again today.

I found the card from the part number printed on it: http://support.gateway.com/s/VIDCARD/ATI/6002443/6002443nv.shtml

It's a "9600LE," that funky designation for a low cost 9600 non pro with the exact same specs as a 9600 np. I remember newegg had those several months ago.

yea the good ole add-999-to-cart-to-check-stock trick, lol

Edit: don't forget about the ATI dvi to component adapter for $16ish shipped

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
it's back in stock again right now for $37.99. 79 left.

aZn_plyR said:
a fx 5200 will rape this thing lol.
I don't hate the 5200 (128-bit memory versions), but I can't think of anything the 5200 will beat this 9600 np in, except in Quake 3 Arena.

start here: http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-03.html#unreal_tournament_2003

5200 (250MHz core, 128-bit 400MHz memory): wins in 1 benchmark (Q3A)
9600 np (325MHz core, 128-bit 400MHz memory): wins in the other 18 benchmarks. Not only that, but it also beats the 5200 Ultra (325MHz core, 650MHz memory) in 17 out of 19 tests.

I just bought mine at $37.99, went back to check and it had already gone up to $49. Whew!

I also bought the ATI HDTV Adapter (Thanks SJetski71)

I've wanted to buy this card fo quite some time. The fanless card is perfect for an inexpensive HTPC and the HDTV Adapter allows me to use it in widescreen mode on my TV. It's ironic, the loudest component in my HTPC is now the Vantec Stealth fan.

brycejones said:
Now they are just messing with us.
The card keeps getting put in the current sale:
Sunday it was the Sizzling Sunday sale
Monday it was the Moonlight Madness sale
Wednesday it was the 24 hour sale
today it's the Green Light special.

They just sold out 25 more and added another 25. Wheeeeeee

Back