Radeon HD 7990 Gets An Official Price Cut

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this post, AMD has officially dropped the price of its Radeon HD 7990 cards by $200 or more. If you want to know how the HD 7990 performs, look no further than our recent AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta evaluation.

For the launch of AMD’s frame pacing enhanced Catalyst 13.8 drivers earlier this month, AMD’s partners were able to get reference 7990 cards down to as low as $799. That was $200 below the 7990’s official list price and still $100 cheaper than it was earlier in July. That alone is a fairly stiff price cut for a product that only launched less than 3 months prior.

Yesterday at Newegg, a couple PowerColor 7990's were down to $630-640 w/8 games after rebate however the prices have jumped back up. Currently the best priced one I see is the XFX @ $699 after rebate with the same game bundle. Personally I think this is where they should have been priced from the beginning.

TigerDirect has the XFX branded one for $670 after the $30 rebate. Includes the 8 game titles.

LOL, every top shelf card is overpriced @ launch. Or is that just the cheapass in me talking? :D Any kind of price drop though is nice. Great way for AMD to try to squeeze some extra sales.

Someone's certainly trying to dump a lot of warehouse stock ahead of the VI release.

$799?

Have seen some posts about them being $699 at a few sites (e.g. Tigerdirect), with Newegg posting $719. I understand they usually beat MSRP, but Newegg is usually very close to it.

they do this ONE DAY after I order my new rig, with a gtx780 classified.This would have given me pause...I probably still would have gone green but at least it would have been an option to consider.

Back