Radiator comparisons?

memphis_1220

Limp Gawd
Hello

Does anyone know of any comparisons on the Internet between radiators. i.e. different radiators (size, type, heatercores), but with the exact same setup?

Thanks for any replies
Mike

I'd be willing to bet that this one would take the overall performance crown when used with decent fans. :)
MCD192Weap.jpg

Of course, you have to mount it externally in most cases...

Thanks for the replies, i'll check these links. I asked this question so that i could browse for the cheapest, and easiest radiator to suit my needs. For exampe, i dont really want to be doing much to the radiator. I would basically want it to be 'plug and play' :)

thewhiteguy said:
77 Boneville is the cheapest and the best. Who needs comparisons?

best for its size - the monstercore will out-perform it due to the surface area difference.

other than the massive creature pictured above, the 302 is the way to go if you have the room for it and it has an adequate shroud.

weapon-- said:
I'd be willing to bet that this one would take the overall performance crown when used with decent fans. :)
http://www.cox-internet.com/weapon/images/MCD192Weap.jpg[/mg]

Of course, you have to mount it externally in most cases...[/QUOTE]

Well, there is a commercial rad (Airplex 1800) for 15 120mm fans you know... double-side it and you have thirty... noise++

Little Grabbi said:
Well, there is a commercial rad (Airplex 1800) for 15 120mm fans you know... double-side it and you have thirty... noise++
I believe I have seen this. If anyone got this with 30 fans, I believe it would be best to stick it underground, and you will also get free underfloor heating!! :D

Weapon, what is that core and how much is it? I'm thinking of going back to an external system, but I want to make it look more elegant to match my case this time (I had a rather crude 77' bonneville on top last time).

I'm thinking of combining the 77' bonneville 86' chevette cores I have and putting them in a slick looking box with quick-disconnects, but I might get another large radiator if I think it would be worth it.

DarkenReaper57 said:
Weapon, what is that core and how much is it? I'm thinking of going back to an external system, but I want to make it look more elegant to match my case this time (I had a rather crude 77' bonneville on top last time).

I'm thinking of combining the 77' bonneville 86' chevette cores I have and putting them in a slick looking box with quick-disconnects, but I might get another large radiator if I think it would be worth it.

it is a heavily modified 192 - the raw cores are usually in the $80+ range.

Back