Radiator Fan

iownyou14

Limp Gawd
Im looking into getting a Radiator Fan for my DangerDen Black Ice Xtreme II Black with Shrouds, and I have had my eye on this Fan:

KingWin 120mm Double Ball Bearing Case Fan
- Max Air Flow (CFM): 79.14
- Noise (dBA): 30
- Nominal Speed (RPM): 2000

Link: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-965&depa=1

I just want some suggestions if this fan will do any good for my radiator. I will need to get two of them to fit the radiator. If this isnt suffecient, then what fan do you guys recommend that has a good amount of CFM and low noise?

Thanks a lot!

Honestly, you would be better off with Panaflo L1A's. They move 68.9cfm @ 30dba, but have a much higher static pressure than those fans do. They will be able to draw more air through the radiator. The only drawback to the Panaflo's are their dimentions... they are 38mm thick (1.5") instead of 25mm. If you got the room I would go with them. The M1A's are a bit louder @ 35dba, but they move 86.5cfm.

Hrmmm. I dont think 35mm will be able to fit. Im looking for a 25mm pretty much. Are there any other 25mm (thickness) fans that have higher static pressure???

Thanks

How thick are the evercool chrome ones, I just bought one and waiting for it to arrive it pulls 80cfm @ 30db? Dont know how thick it is though

I belive its about 25mm, but i heared they aren;t that great for radiator cooling. I had considered it, but ive heared weired things about it. Since you order them, just use them. Tell us how well they performed.

my favorite 120 for rads is the DC SanAce 109R1212H1011 by Sanyo Denki - at 12v they are rated for approx. 103cfm and they have a helluva lot of force behind the air. A fan controller that can kick them down to 7v (like the vantec) is nice to have if you are just running a light load and you want to drop down the noise a little but even at 12v they are entirely tolerable.

I've got dual Evercool aluminum 120mm's on my rad. I'm getting too much noise for my ears, but I'm thinking that a lot of that is coming from my abused Super Flower PSU (it doesn't like it when you draw 40A on the 5V rail when it's rated for 35A...).

Back