RAID Completely Fried?

I've had 2 Maxtor 6YM0120 hard drives in RAID-0 over the last 4 years without so much as a hitch, but just a few days again, my world came crashing down upon me. Even further, I have this RAID volume partitioned a few different ways, to entice some organization.

I came home to an error message outside of Windows XP outlining that a chdsk was being ran. Indexes were deleted and repaired, yet all wasn't well. Upon trying to enter Windows, I'm greeted with a message stating that some registry files were corrupted and they had to be repaired or replaced using a log or alternate copy. The problem is, I click OK and the system beeps and locks up.

I rebooted my system again and noticed that my RAID volume was highlighted a different color, which alarmed me. My second-in-line drive reports an error occurred which I believe is to blame. Now, I don't know if the hard drive spontaneously died on me or what, but does anyone have any pertinent suggestions as to what I might attempt to do in a vain effort to get into Windows on that RAID volume before deleting the whole thing and starting from scratch? I have most of my data backed up, but not ALL of it, which are the last bits that I would very much like to salvage.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Back